Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2012, 07:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,592 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone.

I need ideas on what to do with redecorating my master bedroom.
I want something regal looking, soft and romantic.

I have a wall with two windows, I wanted to put sheer chiffon drapes across the whole wall but my husband thinks that it'll look stupid because the whole wall isnt glass.

Comments?
And how can I do that? Are there rods for this type of curtain set up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 09:11 AM

501 posts, read 1,474,744 times
I agree with your husband. Sheer chiffon would look ridiculous covering an entire wall. The paint will show through for one. You'd be much better off putting a long, sheer chiffon drape over the windows only. This will still give you a soft romantic feeling along with a luxorious, fluffy bed cover and lots of pillows on top. French provential furniture works well with this style.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:12 AM

2,186 posts, read 4,574,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MT~ View Post
Hi Everyone.

I need ideas on what to do with redecorating my master bedroom.
I want something regal looking, soft and romantic.

I have a wall with two windows, I wanted to put sheer chiffon drapes across the whole wall but my husband thinks that it'll look stupid because the whole wall isnt glass.

Comments?
And how can I do that? Are there rods for this type of curtain set up?

hmmmm.....I snooped a bit and found this: Good Question: How To Hang Wall To Wall Curtains? Los Angeles | Apartment Therapy. Not sure what you are thinking about. You could potentially mount the hardware on the ceiling instead of the wall (hubby would have to do that - and if he doesn't like the idea....hmmm!)Personally, I'm thinking that if the drapes are so sheer that you will be able to see the wall color it will look odd. Besides, it sounds like your DH is not on board with this. If he hates it and you do it anyway - what good is a romantic looking bedroom when you're sleeping in there all alone?? Have you checked out HGTV - they usually have some unique ideas on their shows. Good luck!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating