Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2010, 07:59 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,985,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
They won the series... that's reason enough to celebrate. All of the teams that made the playoffs are tough... and upsets happen. Look at the Flyers. Plus, I do think that Nicholl and Malhotra are making a big difference.

We'll see how far they'll go. I'm certainly not celebrating a 'Cup' win now. I realize that even though they had the most points during the regular season that there are several teams in the conference that could beat them in the playoffs... without it being considered an upset (at least by me). On the other hand, I think it's a little soon for you to write them off.

The Sharks played well and I am enjoying the win and yes, my hopes are up. No reason for them not to be at the moment.

OK....I've give you that much....for now.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:09 PM

11,311 posts, read 11,073,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICoastieMom View Post
Well,...........I guess if no one else is gonna say it, I will have to!

WO-HOO! RED WINGS BEAT PHOENIX AND LEAD THE SERIES!!!!!!

ONE MORE GAME AND WE'RE ON TO ROUND TWO!!!!!!!
They looked pretty bad today. Phoenix has an incredible net minder. The Wings couldn't even capitalize on a 2 man advantage that lasted roughly 90 seconds. Great game up to the half way point.

Back to Phoenix for game 7. This one should be fun to watch.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:28 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,251,597 times
awesome win by phoenix

Erat needs to take his head out ..... when on a PP with 90 seconds left on the game and you have the puck on the end boards, put the thing between your skates

doesn't matter if you have a defender on one side and another charging from the other side ... you absorb the hit

with 2 guys playing the puck on you at the end board that means even if they knock the puck away you have 4 guys vs 2 to recover the puck

you don't need a goal and sending the puck toward your own end and the middle of the ice was the dumbest thing you could possibly do - that led to a 2 on 2 break that allowed chicago to setup and tie the game

completely idiotic

speaking of which - it's always cute when eastern conference teams like to come in and start talking ..... just be happy that having the 18th best record in the league gets you into the playoffs, because in the pacific division it only gets you in the basement looking up at the 2nd, 4th, 9th and 17th best records in the league

Old 04-26-2010, 03:09 PM

1,654 posts, read 5,862,017 times
Can't wait to watch this game 7 between Boston and Buffalo; should be a great finish.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:15 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,738,816 times
Phoenix and Buffalo baby

Old 04-26-2010, 03:36 PM

1,654 posts, read 5,862,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
speaking of which - it's always cute when eastern conference teams like to come in and start talking ..... just be happy that having the 18th best record in the league gets you into the playoffs, because in the pacific division it only gets you in the basement looking up at the 2nd, 4th, 9th and 17th best records in the league
Lol! It's the exact same situation in the NBA. If the bulls were in the Western conference they'd be close to last.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:00 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,506,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThroatGuzzler View Post
Lol! It's the exact same situation in the NBA. If the bulls were in the Western conference they'd be close to last.

Close to last no, miss playoffs, yes. The top 8 in the west is crazy good, yes, there is a pretty massive drop off after the top 8 though.

Back to the NHL----Hawks need to finish this off tonight

Old 04-26-2010, 04:33 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,251,597 times
go preds!

Old 04-26-2010, 06:31 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,347,389 times
Default Shades of Patrick Roy

I'm telling you, this guy Halak is just playing stone cold Royesque right now against the Caps. Nearly 30 shots in 33 minutes in this game 6 and he has become a wall. If I hear Sam Rosen say he's been "outstanding" one more time, I'm going to scream.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:52 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,347,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
OK everyone, the regular season is now over and the lineups are set. Here they are with my predictions:

Eastern Conference
Group A: Caps vs. Canadiens-Caps in 4
Group B: Devils vs. Flyers-Devils in 5
Group C: Sabres vs. Bruins-Sabres in 5
Group D: Penguins vs. Senators-Senators in 6

Western Conference
Group E: Sharks vs. Avalanche-Sharks in 5
Group F: Blackhawks vs. Predators-Blackhawks in 4
Group G: Canucks vs. Kings-Kings in 6 (Upset Special)
Group H: Coyotes vs. Red Wings-Red Wings in 6

TV schedule is on NHL.com
Looking like another whacked playoff year folks:

Caps lose 4-1 so it's now a Game 7
Flyers beat Devils in 5 (Bye Lemaire, enjoy retirement)
Bruins beat Sabres in 6
Penguins beat Sens in 6 and they will coast into the finals against either Bruins or Habs. So feasibly the top 3 teams could go quietly into the night.

More predictable on the western side of the aisle:

Sharks beat Avs in 6
Hawks lead Preds 4-3 at the end of the first. Good game.
Canucks came up big to beat Kings in 6
Coyotes/Red Wings going to Game 7 tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey