Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 09:32 PM

1,654 posts, read 5,859,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
I never dropped the f bomb, not even close. Even a 'crap' was enough for her to shoot daggers. It's a sporting event. I"m sorry, but if you've raised your kid in a closet don't take them.

One of my co-workers and his wife take their kids as well. But their kids are into hockey. I wouldn't have minded if the kid was into the game. And not playing jungle gym in the seats. And not dumping food / drinks on me. Gah!!!

Yes, the kids were on the outside with mom sitting furthest away from me. My kids always got sandwiched between hubby and I too. Not only to control them, but because I wanted to protect them.

Sad that it happens at all events. I think a family section would be welcomed by most people.

Good for the Flyers. That's my hubby's team.

And prices for the seats we were in were $29 each. Not bad at all. Of course they make up for it with the $4.25 hot dogs and $5.50 sodas and $4.00 bottles of water. Needless to say, we did not enjoy a $8.00 can of low rate beer. Oh well, lesson learned. Eat dinner before attending and snack at the game.

All that aside, we'll definitely be going again. I looked into season tickets today.
Just came back from a leafs game.. $225 for a ticket (10 rows from the ice), $14 for a small beer, $8 for a pepsi. Can't say I saw many kids though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 11:30 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,445,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThroatGuzzler View Post
Just came back from a leafs game.. $225 for a ticket (10 rows from the ice), $14 for a small beer, $8 for a pepsi. Can't say I saw many kids though.
Uh, I'm out!! LOL. Although if the tickets were that price maybe parents would think twice before taking the kids.

I did get a call from a guy that works in the sales division for the Preds. Told him how great the game was and we're thinking of season tickets. He also asked if we'd seen the 303 cell block - just a few sections over from us. Apparently they are fairly well known in NHL. What a wild group.

I told him they need a family section. If anything would keep me from getting season tickets, that would be it. Apparently they did have that at one time, but they decided to change it to an all you can eat area. Sure wish they'd switch it back.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:42 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,361,589 times
Kids are stupid and dirty. Just having them should be a crime. Bringing them out in public is unspeakably worse.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,791 times
I'd like to use you for a hockey puck. You said "Don't get me wrong - excellent game. I've not had that much fun in ages." yet for some reason you decided to come and whine on a forum about some parents that took their hard earned money and tried to grow some new hockey fans. You don't deserve to have a hockey team in Nashville and you ain't no hockey fan ... you're just another seat filler with a beer yelling about a game you have never played. Come to Detroit and we'll show you how we welcome Predators fans ... LOL

Old 01-31-2010, 10:48 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,737,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Kids are stupid and dirty. Just having them should be a crime. Bringing them out in public is unspeakably worse.
Dude you are stupid and dirty. You were once a kid. maybe we should tell your parents that having YOU was a crime. Hmmm let's see how they'd react. Man i so wouldn't want to get stuck next to you at a hockey game. Get a life.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:29 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,952,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff 11 View Post
family sections are needed and yeah it does get annoying when people constantly get up. especially during play. Plus yes safety. and i grew up watching hockey. so as i kid it was an adventure for me going.

Agree w family sections. It happens at all sports, just have to judge if the kid is ready for it.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:41 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,232,724 times
We hardly went anywhere with the parents unless it was a kid event. Not even grocery shopping, only sometimes. And I didn't want to. Kids "back then" didn't want to be joined at the hip with adults. Adults were no fun and not cool. I would throw a fit if I had to hang with adults. Parents traded off and you hung at each others houses or with an older sibling when the parents went out. Now families travel in packs evvveerrrywhere allllll the time. I haven't had a problem with it so much as I just don't understand it.

Just curious - did the parents look like they were enjoying themselves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey