Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2009, 10:49 PM

137 posts, read 625,286 times

Advertisements

So, if we can get some constructive opinions and honest to goodness evaluation; What is your opinion of the BLUES? I know, I know - "they suck, blah, blah, blah"... but for those that follow the league seriously, don't you all think the Blues have improved and will continue to get better? They have been building this team from the ground up ( from the bottom of the barrel up, more like).
Also, part II ; between the Wild and the Blues, who will go farther this season? ( wife is from MN, I'm from STL.) Give me some ammo!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 10:51 PM

1,654 posts, read 5,858,773 times
How's the rivalry between the two teams, is it strong? I like what the Blues did in the off season, hoping to see a better turnout this season from them.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:00 PM

Not so much a rivalry between Blues and Wild, but back in the day... Blues and North Stars = bloodbath!
Blues haven't been competitive enough recently to keep up longtime rivalries with the Wings or Hawks. Its funny, ppl in STL are like " KILL the Wings!" and the Detroit fans say " St. Louis has an NHL team?, hmm, did not know that."
I think they could be on a good track though. Last year's injuries will be back ( Kariya, Erik Johnson).

Old 09-23-2009, 08:31 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,736,173 times
Blues have gotten better. Not a great team. but they aren't at the bottom in points. they've managed to dig themselves out of a whole without relying on a rookie like Crosby, or Ovechkin. If they werent in the league those teams would stink, especially the Capitals. But all in all i am liking the Blues this year

Old 09-24-2009, 12:48 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,534,147 times
I think I would take the Blues over the Wild. MN has a new coach and is going to try to play a new system with basically the same players. Losing Gaborik is going to be a big deal too.
STL has a lot of young talent and should do about the same as last year or even better.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:38 PM

If they do the same as last year, I'll take it! Any time they can reach the playoffs is a good year. Sad but true.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:22 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,945,456 times
Blues have some decent young talent, Wild is going to take a couple years to change style ffrom the TV killing NJ Devils style of play. Houston is the Wilds farm team so I'll see next week if they are opening it up down here.

Gabby is not a big loss, as I type he is massaging his groin, with hope of getting on the ice.

As for rivalry, not so much, always bigger with the Hawks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey