Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 05:07 PM

8 posts, read 60,798 times

Advertisements

Ok so I can't stand the Carolina Hurricanes. The fact that the state of North Carolina has an NHL team kinda bugs me....then again maybe its because I still miss the Hartford Whalers. But they just unveiled their new 3rd jerseys that will used in 15 games this season and I kinda like it. Now dont get it twisted I will NOT buy a Carolina Hurricanes jersey of any sort but the new ones are slick. What do ya think people?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 05:11 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,247,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KetchupSamurai View Post
Ok so I can't stand the Carolina Hurricanes. The fact that the state of North Carolina has an NHL team kinda bugs me....then again maybe its because I still miss the Hartford Whalers. But they just unveiled their new 3rd jerseys that will used in 15 games this season and I kinda like it. Now dont get it twisted I will NOT buy a Carolina Hurricanes jersey of any sort but the new ones are slick. What do ya think people?
Dont care for it, even as a 'Canes fan. I'm not too fond of these 3rd jerseys to be honest and wouldnt mind if the league stopped producing them.

I have to say though, I did see this coming, it was only a matter of time before they produced a 3rd jersey. Maybe once the season gets going and I see the players in these jerseys, maybe I'll have a different thought.

Last edited by Canes2006Champs; 09-11-2008 at 05:26 PM..

Old 09-11-2008, 08:34 PM

854 posts, read 2,864,103 times
Jup, don't like the canes, don't care about the 3rd jerseys. but that one looks good. wouldn't buy one though

Old 09-12-2008, 06:59 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,762,438 times
Don't like it...

Old 09-12-2008, 07:04 AM

8,981 posts, read 17,297,321 times
I am inclined to like any black jersey; this one I like quite a bit.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:12 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,450,244 times
I'm sick of every team thinking they have to have a black jersey. The only reason they do it is so thugs will go out and buy the jersey to wear as a fashion statement. It has very little to do with the sport.

At least Carolina has a bit of black in their usual digs. What I really can't stand is when teams like the Detroit Lions or Oakland A's wear black and it isn't even part of their color scheme.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
I'm sick of every team thinking they have to have a black jersey. The only reason they do it is so thugs will go out and buy the jersey to wear as a fashion statement. It has very little to do with the sport.

At least Carolina has a bit of black in their usual digs. What I really can't stand is when teams like the Detroit Lions or Oakland A's wear black and it isn't even part of their color scheme.
Black, while not a big part of the Detroit Lions' color scheme, is a part of their color scheme. The leaping lion logo is outline in black, as are the names and numbers on their jerseys. I like their black jerseys. I don't think it has anything to do with thugs buying up jerseys.

http://wendellwallace.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/detroit-lions-logo.gif (broken link)
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...qf0uK/610x.jpg
http://www.sportsauthentics.net/store/images/DL-ADLTPHJ11.JPG (broken link)

It should be noted that the Detroit Lions sell many things that are black, not just jerseys.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:44 AM

8 posts, read 60,798 times
Hmmm...is it me or does the new Hurricanes 3rd Jersy have a sort of 1999 Buffalo Sabres likeness (color wise)?

Old 09-12-2008, 01:29 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,450,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC 38 View Post
Black, while not a big part of the Detroit Lions' color scheme, is a part of their color scheme. The leaping lion logo is outline in black, as are the names and numbers on their jerseys. I like their black jerseys. I don't think it has anything to do with thugs buying up jerseys.
Point taken with the Lions, but they still have no business wearing black jerseys. Almost all teams have had black outlining in some form for definition purposes, but they are not a part of their main color scheme. The Lions are Honolulu blue & silver - period.

....and if you think these marketing people aren't pandering to the young, hip hop/rap crowd with all this black sportswear the past few years, you obviously haven't been out in public in a long time. I hope to God I never see the Tigers pull that crap!

Old 09-12-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
Point taken with the Lions, but they still have no business wearing black jerseys. Almost all teams have had black outlining in some form for definition purposes, but they are not a part of their main color scheme. The Lions are Honolulu blue & silver - period.

....and if you think these marketing people aren't pandering to the young, hip hop/rap crowd with all this black sportswear the past few years, you obviously haven't been out in public in a long time. I hope to God I never see the Tigers pull that crap!
The young hip hop crowd does not discriminate by jersey color. Black, gold, blue, white, red; it doesn't matter. I don't think that the black jerseys are made because they cater to the hip hop crowd. By the way; my dad, who is in his fifties, LOVES the black Lions jersey.

But, this is a thread about the Hurricanes, not the Lions; so I digress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey