Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2021, 09:34 PM

8,803 posts, read 10,238,998 times

Advertisements

Hurricanes and Panthers, two former SE division foes, are the last two undefeated teams. #southgonnariseagain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2021, 08:15 PM

The Hurricanes end the month of October a perfect 8-0-0 w/ all wins coming in regulation. A far, far distant cry from October of 2014 where the team won exactly no games.

Old 11-01-2021, 05:29 PM

1,370 posts, read 1,068,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
The Hurricanes end the month of October a perfect 8-0-0 w/ all wins coming in regulation. A far, far distant cry from October of 2014 where the team won exactly no games.
I think RBA is the best coach in the NHL. I started feeling that way three years ago, but now I’m 100% in that camp.

Yes, I know he got the JA Award, but that doesn’t always go to the truly best coach. He just gets the absolute best out of the roster.

The Hockey Writers ranked him 4th behind Trotz, Quenneville (yikes), and Cooper. I do not agree.

Old 11-01-2021, 05:40 PM

17,148 posts, read 15,350,560 times
Quote:
Chicago is awful to start the season, really really awful.
I really don't understand how they can be so bad. Tons of talent and experience on that team.

Old 11-04-2021, 02:48 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,229,164 times
To Buffalo Sabres:
  • Peyton Krebs, F
  • Alex Tuch, F
  • Top-10 first-round draft pick in 2022 draft
  • Second-round pick in 2023 draft

To Vegas Golden Knights:
  • Jack Eichel, C
  • Third-round pick in 2023 draft

Link: https://www.nhl.com/news/jack-eichel...?tid=278542340

Old 11-04-2021, 08:15 PM

Hurricanes are 9-0-0 Next game at Florida, who are no longer unbeaten but still playing at a high level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL2006 View Post
I think RBA is the best coach in the NHL. I started feeling that way three years ago, but now I’m 100% in that camp.

Yes, I know he got the JA Award, but that doesn’t always go to the truly best coach. He just gets the absolute best out of the roster.

The Hockey Writers ranked him 4th behind Trotz, Quenneville (yikes), and Cooper. I do not agree.
What I like about RBA, he's had a lot of roster turnover since getting the job in May of 2018. Back then, Skinner/Lindholm/Hanifin among a few others were still on the payroll, and Cam Ward was an upcoming UFA. Bring in Hamilton/Ferland/Mrazek and draft 18 y/o Svech and make the playoffs for the first time in 10 years. This offseason, Hamilton/McGinn/Mrazek/Ned/Reimer were replaced by TDA/Stepan/Raanta/Andersen and it's like they haven't missed a beat so far. Players like that guy, he was the ultimate competitor on the ice and he's built his team to be that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
I really don't understand how they can be so bad. Tons of talent and experience on that team.
Kane/Toews are on the backend of their prime but MAF hasn't been very good and Seth Jones despite getting a huge payday, appears to have taken a giant step back in his game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
To Buffalo Sabres:
  • Peyton Krebs, F
  • Alex Tuch, F

To Vegas Golden Knights:
  • Jack Eichel, C

It's not the best return for Buffalo, but the saga is finally behind them. Now Eichel can get the surgery he wants and we'll see if he returns to form next season.

Old 11-04-2021, 10:20 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,929,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
To Buffalo Sabres:
  • Peyton Krebs, F
  • Alex Tuch, F

To Vegas Golden Knights:
  • Jack Eichel, C

LOL at Jack Eichel for Alex Tuch. Sabres should have asked for more. LV has been loaded since its inception. If LV does not win it all this season, it will be a severe disappointment.

edit I forget, Eichel wants the surgery. He wont be around this year. But still . . .

Old 11-06-2021, 11:10 AM

17,148 posts, read 15,350,560 times
Quote:
Hurricanes are 9-0-0 Next game at Florida, who are no longer unbeaten but still playing at a high level.

What I like about RBA, he's had a lot of roster turnover since getting the job in May of 2018. Back then, Skinner/Lindholm/Hanifin among a few others were still on the payroll, and Cam Ward was an upcoming UFA. Bring in Hamilton/Ferland/Mrazek and draft 18 y/o Svech and make the playoffs for the first time in 10 years. This offseason, Hamilton/McGinn/Mrazek/Ned/Reimer were replaced by TDA/Stepan/Raanta/Andersen and it's like they haven't missed a beat so far. Players like that guy, he was the ultimate competitor on the ice and he's built his team to be that way.

Kane/Toews are on the backend of their prime but MAF hasn't been very good and Seth Jones despite getting a huge payday, appears to have taken a giant step back in his game.

It's not the best return for Buffalo, but the saga is finally behind them. Now Eichel can get the surgery he wants and we'll see if he returns to form next season.
You think Kane has receded? He is still playing just like he used to... Insane hands and vision, and his point production is still up there despite the lackluster production from the team. He hasn't lost a step.
Toews is still doing fine too.
And then you have DeBrincat?
There is simply no excuse.

Fleury seems to have lost motivation. Between that and trash defense, and there is that.

But the team should at least still be scoring, and they are not.

One of the dumbest things I have seen since I have been following the NHL (I was born in 86 and have played/followed since) was not protecting Panarin. Him and Kane could have continued to torment other teams for a solid 10+ years. The two were just as deadly as McDavid/Draisaitl back then. Imagine what they could be now had they not been separated.

Old 11-06-2021, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
You think Kane has receded? He is still playing just like he used to... Insane hands and vision, and his point production is still up there despite the lackluster production from the team. He hasn't lost a step.
Toews is still doing fine too.
And then you have DeBrincat?
There is simply no excuse.

Fleury seems to have lost motivation. Between that and trash defense, and there is that.

But the team should at least still be scoring, and they are not.

One of the dumbest things I have seen since I have been following the NHL (I was born in 86 and have played/followed since) was not protecting Panarin. Him and Kane could have continued to torment other teams for a solid 10+ years. The two were just as deadly as McDavid/Draisaitl back then. Imagine what they could be now had they not been separated.
They aren't dominating the league like they were 5-10ish years ago which was my point and why I made my "backend of their prime" comment. I didn't say they took a big step back, just that father time is catching up to them just like he does everyone else.

If you want to get down to the heart of the matter, the team hasn't been the same since that first round sweep to Nashville in 2017 and have been going down a downhill trajectory ever since, they missed the playoffs the following 2 seasons and only got in in 2020 because of the qualifying round in the bubble. I'd argue the coaching change they made hurt as well but knowing what we know now with this scandal, Q wouldn't be there today anyway if the Hawks were still successful.

Old 11-07-2021, 07:26 PM

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...-named-interim

Colliton never got a full season in Chicago despite being hired almost 3 years ago to the day of his firing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey