Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think about the Reebok uniforms in the NHL
Throw 'em all away! 5 35.71%
Alot of them should change or go back, but some look good. 5 35.71%
Some of them look bad, but mostly, Reebok did a good job. 4 28.57%
Don't change a thing. The guys at Reebok are geniuses! 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 06:36 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 23,002,194 times

Advertisements

I don't think I have to remind you of the hack job Reebok did with the NHL uniforms. Now a few of them are ok, and a few of them haven't changed....But about half of them we're RUINED.

Like the Stars. Our Stars.
They went from this...

To this.....

WHY ?!?!?!
Most DFW sports fans, even if they're not into hockey will tell you that those were some of the best sweaters, because they were unique. They were original.

But I think that NHL should give options for all the teams to go back to their "preebok" designs.

These teams can keep the current design, mainly becuase there's very little (if any) change, or they changed for the better:
  • Boston Bruins
  • Carolina Hurricaines
  • Chicago Blackhawks
  • Columbus Blue Jackets
  • Detroit Red Wings
  • L.A. Kings
  • Montreal Canadiens
  • New Jersey Devils
  • N.Y. Rangers
  • Phoenix Coyotes
  • Vancouver Canucks
  • Washington Caps
My opinion: I think those look good.

These teams need to go back to the uniforms they had before Reebok:
  • Calgary Flames
  • Colorado Avalanche
  • Dallas Stars
  • Edmonton Oilers
  • Philadelphia Flyers
  • Pittsburg Penguins
  • St. Louis Blues
  • Toronto Maple Leafs

These teams should just make a few tweeks....:
  • Minnesota Wild
  • New York Islanders
  • Ottawa Senators
  • San Jose Sharks
  • Tampa bay Lightnings

And these teams...... just need to start over.... COMPLETELY:
  • Anaheim Ducks
  • Atlanta Thrashers
  • Buffalo Sabres (if not, then just wear the old 70's unis...)
  • Florida Panthers
  • Nashville Predators

Last edited by JJG; 04-21-2008 at 06:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 06:19 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,786,436 times
IMO the worst thing about these new jerseys isn't the cosmetic stuff, it's the fit. Most of the logo and color scheme stuff is the fault of the front office. But any guy who wears shoulder pads of any size looks like he's got spandex on in the shoulder area. It's ridiculous.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:11 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,366,828 times
Wait till next season when the infamous "3rd Jersey" returns

I have to say, it's not Reebok's fault the jerseys are ugly, its the teams that chose them.

I like the Flames ones, I like having the Alberta and Canada flags, sort of cool, and better than the flaming snot horse.

Ducks don't even have a damn logo, wtf?

I REALLY don't understand why Dallas has DALLAS across the Home jersey. Road, hey sort of a baseball throwback, I could get that, but uhh, if you're IN Dallas, I would hope you know that the team is the Stars, and not need the Dallas tag on the jersey.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:19 PM

8,829 posts, read 10,311,693 times
That Jersey that just says Dallas on it is qute pathetic, it looks like a shirt you would find at a mall clothing store, not a hockey jersey. I say change most of them. Especially the Stars.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:18 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,609,962 times
IMO, the ONLY team that benefitted from Reebok's CRAP was the Caps. All the rest are junk. Overpriced junk. I still refuse to buy one for myself. CCM only, forever and ever, amen.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
That Jersey that just says Dallas on it is qute pathetic, it looks like a shirt you would find at a mall clothing store, not a hockey jersey. I say change most of them. Especially the Stars.
I think the Stars had the worst change-over in the whole NHL. The away is too plain, and the home is even more plain... but at least the current home jersey can be a third jersey, with just a little more work....

I think the Stars should bring back the CCMs for their home and aways... and keep the current black ones as third jerseys...
but instead of having the number on front, replace the front with an outline of the Dallas skyline. They could keep the "DALLAS" across the front, or replace it with a single star (you know, to symbolize the "North Stars"). Either that, or just replace the whole thing with the alternate "Texas D" logo.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:09 PM

8,829 posts, read 10,311,693 times
^Not a fan of the color scheme, or the third jersey.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:17 PM

347 posts, read 936,658 times
Well to be fair, the caps only changed from that old jersey to the flying chicken to sell jerseys.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:28 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,786,436 times
Re: Thrashers....Reminds me too much of the Raven's logo.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
Re: Thrashers....Reminds me too much of the Raven's logo.
Yeah, that was mentioned somewhere else, this is really just a concept jersey. So it doesn't suprise me that the logo looks a little familiar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey