Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 12:19 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,012,027 times

Advertisements

It's just not working. The dynasty days are long gone. There's no where else to build another arena in NYC metro area with 4 arenas already present no one is paying for a new one for them. . Just let this team & myself move on ( I've rooted for this team since 1980) but I just think it's time to move on & let some of these other cities try with an NHL franchise ( e.g. Kansas City, Seattle, Quebec City etc..)

Barclays’ helpless ice forcing Isles to scope out Citi Field lot | New York Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 07:13 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,131,722 times
they should check the sight glass and add more refrigerant as needed

Old 10-27-2016, 01:52 PM

1,999 posts, read 5,002,167 times
Default No more Island for an Islander like me

Forget that. How do you just stop following a team? The Islanders are Long Island, it represents the people who live in a coastal region, who are not landlocked, mainland morons.

The Islanders will stay at Barlcays. Barclays is a prime location, Brooklyn is on Long Island. Everyone from the Midwest wants to move to Brooklyn, nobody with a half a brain would want to move to Kansas City. The sunbelt and suburban living is dead. The area around Barclays is awesome for pre-gaming. Delicious food, lots of bars, convenient transportation. The days of tailgating at some suburban sh*thole parking lot are over. The Islanders and their fans should embrace the Barclays Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post
It's just not working. The dynasty days are long gone. There's no where else to build another arena in NYC metro area with 4 arenas already present no one is paying for a new one for them. . Just let this team & myself move on ( I've rooted for this team since 1980) but I just think it's time to move on & let some of these other cities try with an NHL franchise ( e.g. Kansas City, Seattle, Quebec City etc..)

Barclays’ helpless ice forcing Isles to scope out Citi Field lot | New York Post

Old 10-28-2016, 02:13 PM

9,791 posts, read 7,515,108 times
If you tell Brooklynites they are part of Long Island they will kick you right square in the nuts.

Old 10-28-2016, 03:43 PM

8,808 posts, read 10,266,906 times
I think if there was ever a time that the Islanders would have been moved, it would have been after that fraud Texas billionaire owned them for about a season until he was caught. Interestingly enough, from what I remember from that ESPN 30 for 30, he more or less saved the team from relocating because of a TV deal he signed with a local cable company. They were really close IIRC to being relocated to Atlanta or Houston during that time.

I wouldn't yet worry about it. I'm actually kind of worried about my own team relocating if things don't get turned around in the next couple of years.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:07 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,012,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
Forget that. How do you just stop following a team? The Islanders are Long Island, it represents the people who live in a coastal region, who are not landlocked, mainland morons.

The Islanders will stay at Barlcays. Barclays is a prime location, Brooklyn is on Long Island. Everyone from the Midwest wants to move to Brooklyn, nobody with a half a brain would want to move to Kansas City. The sunbelt and suburban living is dead. The area around Barclays is awesome for pre-gaming. Delicious food, lots of bars, convenient transportation. The days of tailgating at some suburban sh*thole parking lot are over. The Islanders and their fans should embrace the Barclays Centre

You can just tell he's a under 30 year old Brooklyn hipster whose never experienced one of his teams winning it all...

I too have read things about the Hurricanes...but at least they are consistently competitive . No one goes to see the islanders .

Old 11-18-2016, 08:37 AM

3,661 posts, read 2,975,665 times
The situation in Seattle is a freaking joke, Now they have a guy willing to put up 100% of the money to build it and Russell Wilson chipping in too. Yet the city still has no word what to do, been like this for years. Not hard to figure out, put it in South Seattle where there is lots of room for parking, only 15 mins from Downtown, cheap land. No fighting the port of Seattle over the land where they want to put it. Just do it look at Vegas, PHX, everyone can do it but Seattle. Its seriously lame.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:26 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,742,655 times
As expected the Brooklyn move has been a total **** show. Typical Islanders move. Play hockey in a brand new arena that was never meant for hockey. The ice is terrible because the piping that makes the ice isn't up to NHL specs. The views are horrible. It's just a mess.

I would love if it works out for the Isles but, I can't see this going on much longer. The optics of NYC losing a pro sport team of any type is horrible as well

Old 11-20-2016, 11:58 PM

9,791 posts, read 7,515,108 times
The whole team from upper management on down to the 3 goalies is a complete $#!tshow this year. Embarrassing to watch.

Old 11-27-2016, 06:32 PM

21,031 posts, read 27,342,004 times
I would like to see the Islanders return to Long Island. Feet were dragged too long to replace Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum without success.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey