Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2008, 08:36 PM

467 posts, read 1,190,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmontag View Post
Claude Lemiuex is trash. Biggest a$$hole ever.
Yeah....he was a pretty nice guy to me. He's not really that bad of a guy. But, just because you have 4 Stanley Cup rings, doesn't mean you can communicate to your players. Example: The Great One!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 12:04 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,765,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
And the funny thing is Phoenix has 2 pro hockey teams. Don't the roadrunners play in downtown Phoenix??? They have the sweetest looking jerseys and logo on the planet, but whos idea was it to have 2 pro hockey teams in Phoenix???

Naw...I give that honor to the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees!!
Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees - Official Website

Old 09-23-2008, 06:01 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,437,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
Naw...I give that honor to the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees!!
Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees - Official Website
Sweet!

Old 09-23-2008, 06:24 PM

734 posts, read 2,619,293 times
dear lord

Old 09-28-2008, 07:11 PM

3,870 posts, read 4,084,963 times
Alright I am ready for some hockey, but don't want to go to Raleigh to find the NHL. Will more than likely get season tix to the CLT Checkers, which ECHL is great, but not the NHL. Man I hope the Canes come here to Charlotte soon............come on Pat, make it happen!

Old 09-30-2008, 03:07 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,305,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head coach View Post
Why did the Quebec Nordiques quit? Yes they were in the WHA. But, they had the chance to enter the NHL through ticket sales. That was back in 1978 and all they had to do to enter was sell 5000 season tickets and that's it. But they couldn't do that. So they were not allowed entrance. Where were the fans then? Surely hockey just didn't start in Quebec City after 1978, did it?
They didn't quit. They entered the NHL in 1979 along with the Oilers and Jets. They relocated to Colorado and became the Avalanche after the Quebec government wouldn't build them a new stadium.

The problem with small market Canada teams is that they have ravenous fan support, they don't have large value corporate clients. You'd have better luck putting another team in southern Ontario, where all those shut out of the ACC would go to the other team, than in Winnipeg or Quebec City, that have a very small corporate base to sell expensive suites and extras to.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:10 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,626,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
The problem with small market Canada teams is that they have ravenous fan support, they don't have large value corporate clients. You'd have better luck putting another team in southern Ontario, where all those shut out of the ACC would go to the other team, than in Winnipeg or Quebec City, that have a very small corporate base to sell expensive suites and extras to.
Proving once more, unfortunately, that the fans are way at the bottom of the league's priority list.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:02 PM

718 posts, read 2,362,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Alright I am ready for some hockey, but don't want to go to Raleigh to find the NHL. Will more than likely get season tix to the CLT Checkers, which ECHL is great, but not the NHL. Man I hope the Canes come here to Charlotte soon............come on Pat, make it happen!
Trust me, I would much rather watch the Checkers than the Austin Icebats! You could get to Atlanta in about the same time it would take you to get to Raleigh. Not that it is much better there!!!

Old 10-09-2008, 03:04 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,305,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Proving once more, unfortunately, that the fans are way at the bottom of the league's priority list.
Yep. Why should the NHL be any different than the rest of major professional sports.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:25 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,581,997 times
NHL hockey in Houston I could get behind and I know others would too. We have the facility for it in place now. The hockey history here is understated, with the Houston Aeros having won championships in the 1970s (with Gordie Howe on the team, no less). There was an effort to retain the Aeros when the WHA folded into the NHL, but the NHL said no because it wasn't a traditional hockey market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey