Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 04:35 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,135,502 times

Advertisements

So Zach Parise is heading home to Minneapolis tonight to discuss things with his family before making his decision. Hopefully the candlelight boat vigil being organized out in front of his Orono lake house won't keep him up too late from his expected news conference bright and early at the Wild team offices on Tuesday.

"I'm getting closer but haven't made a decision. I haven't set any deadlines," [said Parise.] Parise says he will return home tomorrow and discuss things with his family. Would not say which teams in contention but Devils still in mix.

Zach Parise says no decision yet; Devils in mix, Blackhawks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 04:38 PM

6,407 posts, read 9,011,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
So Zach Parise is heading home to Minneapolis tonight to discuss things with his family before making his decision. Hopefully the candlelight boat vigil being organized out in front of his Orono lake house won't keep him up too late from his expected news conference bright and early at the Wild team offices on Tuesday.

"I'm getting closer but haven't made a decision. I haven't set any deadlines," [said Parise.] Parise says he will return home tomorrow and discuss things with his family. Would not say which teams in contention but Devils still in mix.

I think he's going Devils or Red Wings. He'll weigh loyalty or odds of winning a Cup. He could also take the money and play for the Wild. I eagerly await his choice.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I think he's going Devils or Red Wings. He'll weigh loyalty or odds of winning a Cup. He could also take the money and play for the Wild. I eagerly await his choice.
Lou Nanne has been quoting an un-named source involved with the discussions as saying that it won't be the Devils. Seems unlikely as they already had the opportunity to lock Parise up last year and didn't do it.

Old 07-03-2012, 12:48 PM

25,866 posts, read 16,579,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post

Man, I hope he doesn't kick us in the nuts by coming to Minnesota to announce he's going to be a Devil or a Red Wing.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:32 AM

Suter has allegedly signed with Minnesota. If this is fact and can be used to snag Parise as well the Wild have pulled off a great coup.

Report: Top defenseman Suter signs with Minnesota - NHL Free Agency 2012

EDIT:

Reports out of Detroit confirming Parise singed with Wild too. Red Wings lost out on both. Damn, the Wild are not playing around. Cup of bust, I guess.

http://www.freep.com/article/2012070...text|FRONTPAGE

Last edited by Bondurant; 07-04-2012 at 10:42 AM.. Reason: more info

Old 07-04-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Suter has allegedly signed with Minnesota. If this is fact and can be used to snag Parise as well the Wild have pulled off a great coup.

Report: Top defenseman Suter signs with Minnesota - NHL Free Agency 2012

EDIT:

Reports out of Detroit confirming Parise singed with Wild too. Red Wings lost out on both. Damn, the Wild are not playing around. Cup of bust, I guess.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120704/SPORTS05/120704014/Detroit-Red-Wings-free-agents-Ryan-Suter-Zach-Parise-Minnesota-Wild?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE
Finally, some payback for being "The State of Hockey" comes back to roost!!!

now I need to read up on the Red Wings, Pengs, Preds & Devil boards as to how they didn't want them anyways...

Fletcher is being quoted that while they both basically agreed to terms about 5 pm yesterday the hold up was being caused by the players' agents who felt that the Wild pulled money back off the table as it became apparent that they had a chance to sign both players who were being offered significantly more money individually elsewhere. Leipold is stating it was the 2 players that told the agents to get the deal finalized. Suter reportedly came to basic terms first but that both players were in constant communication with each other and obviously wanted to play together. Sounds also that the fiance & wifey were lobbying hard to return home.

Last edited by Ghengis; 07-04-2012 at 11:56 AM..

Old 07-04-2012, 01:56 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,991,260 times
Man Minnesota teams almost NEVER land high level free agents. Though this doesn't automatically make us Cup contenders it at least puts us a long way down that road. Now hopefully Granlund pans out and we'll have ourselves quite a team.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Man Minnesota teams almost NEVER land high level free agents. Though this doesn't automatically make us Cup contenders it at least puts us a long way down that road. Now hopefully Granlund pans out and we'll have ourselves quite a team.
Very true but when you have two solid players to build around the future is bright.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:27 PM

288 posts, read 352,728 times
This has been the most unexpected offseason so far, unlike the one last year. While I'm surprised to see Parise and Suter going to Minny, I'll be a lot more surprised to see Jagr wearing Stars jersey, I may take a 7 hour trip to Dallas just to see that.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post

Mikael Granlund - GOAL OF THE YEAR (Superslowmotion) - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey