Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 09:27 PM

384 posts, read 1,132,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
That game was awesome also! I wanted to go, but just couldnt make it. Wish I would have though!
Tickets were ten bucks. Can't beat that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 08:56 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,429,608 times
Amen. I only sit in the 300s, its more fun up there (ie REAL fans) and its cheap.

Go Hawks!!!

2 more wins over the weekend (Avs and Leafs). Toews' goal against the Avs was PHENOMONAL. Those that havent watched it, do yourself a favor and do so.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:23 PM

384 posts, read 1,132,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Amen. I only sit in the 300s, its more fun up there (ie REAL fans) and its cheap.

Go Hawks!!!

2 more wins over the weekend (Avs and Leafs). Toews' goal against the Avs was PHENOMONAL. Those that havent watched it, do yourself a favor and do so.
Definetely right about the true fans. Guys up there are a lot of fun, especially during fights. Can't beat a good fight or a last minute score when you got a bunch of 300 fans surrounding you, makes or breaks a game if you shell out the money and time to go to a game.

Great team this year, haven't been this excited about hockey in a long time.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:45 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,400,224 times
I went to my first Blackhawks game near the end of last season (I like hockey, but am from the southeast and didn't grow up with it like a lot of people did, so I'm far from a diehard. I cut my teeth by dating a Michigander for a couple of years and became a pretty big fan of the Hurricanes back when lived in NC. I love the live games, but I'd be lying if I called myself a lifelong hockey fan).

The team was in the dumps, so I got two tickets for 75 cents a piece. Two tix plus ticketmaster fees, taxes, and such for $6.13. The Blackhawks even won that one. It was a blast. I can't wait to go back this season.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:59 AM

Dang, cant beat that price!

Old 11-20-2007, 12:02 PM

The Hawks just announced that ex-Cubs chief John McDonough will be the new president of the organization. This is good news, John worked wonders with the Cubs' fanbase, hopefully he'll lead the Hawks in the right direction.

RESTORE THE ROAR!

Old 11-25-2007, 11:43 PM

172 posts, read 609,262 times
The Hawks future is bright, they may make the playoffs this year....last nights game against the Oilers was awesome, it is nice to watch two offensively minded teams play end to end hockey....that is what hockey is about in my opinion...anyways, tonights game was a sleeper against the Canucks (boo!!!! cannot stand the Canucks, and I'm from Vancouver) who make most of their games sleepers actually. Anyways, it is always nice when original six teams (except Toronto and Detroit) do well, so hopefully the fan base will return to the level it was at in the 90's in Chi-Town

Old 11-26-2007, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken.k-la View Post
The Hawks future is bright, they may make the playoffs this year....last nights game against the Oilers was awesome, it is nice to watch two offensively minded teams play end to end hockey....that is what hockey is about in my opinion...anyways, tonights game was a sleeper against the Canucks (boo!!!! cannot stand the Canucks, and I'm from Vancouver) who make most of their games sleepers actually. Anyways, it is always nice when original six teams (except Toronto and Detroit) do well, so hopefully the fan base will return to the level it was at in the 90's in Chi-Town
Yeah, the Oilers game was not a good one (to me of course ). We can defreat the Wings 4 times, but cant beat last place teams. Figure that one out.

The game last night was horrible also, very poor offensive effort in the first period. And Lalime couldnt have handed Morrison that goal any better if he tried. Once again Luongo was stellar, taking all that we could throw at him. Oh well, I was expecting to lose that one anyways. We have to face TB's high-powered offense on Wednesday (Lacavalier and St. Louis), should be interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey