Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 06:42 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,354,277 times

Advertisements

Whomever beats the Canucks wins the Stanley Cup.
Chicago (2010), Boston (2011) and L.A. (2012).

So hope the Kings win the Cup as they deserve it...Amazing playoff Run and this is coming from a life long Canucks fan here.. L.A. deserves it this year as you guys earned it and really are the best team in the playoffs this year...

I guess we Canucks fans just have to be happy with being the best team in the Regular season two years in a Row and we did get beat by the better team in the playoffs this year.

So Go! Kings Go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 08:39 AM

6,407 posts, read 9,002,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Whomever beats the Canucks wins the Stanley Cup.
Chicago (2010), Boston (2011) and L.A. (2012).

So hope the Kings win the Cup as they deserve it...Amazing playoff Run and this is coming from a life long Canucks fan here.. L.A. deserves it this year as you guys earned it and really are the best team in the playoffs this year...

I guess we Canucks fans just have to be happy with being the best team in the Regular season two years in a Row and we did get beat by the better team in the playoffs this year.

So Go! Kings Go!
LA only "deserves" the Cup if they seal the deal and win it. Only one team "deserves" the Cup, the team that wins it.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:38 AM

2,124 posts, read 6,831,704 times
Oh loosen up, he can use the word deserves if he wants to. The Kings have plowed thru this, are playing about as perfect as a team can play, so I think the word "deserves" is quite fitting, especially for a team that's never won it before.

When it comes to sports, feelings don't often make much sense. We don't have to like or understand how others feel but we should respect their passion since we are likely just as passionate.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:02 AM

It's over
I say it every game...if you don't score, guess what, the other team does! NJ actually had offense this post season that has completely disappeared. I know it's because the Kings are so aggressive, but I thought NJ was aggressive too. Oh well.... it's nice when different teams win.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:22 AM

41,999 posts, read 75,311,165 times
In the space of time it took me to turn off the TV in the den, walk upstairs, brush my teeth, and turn on the TV in the bedroom, the Kings had scored two goals. Criminey.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:51 AM

1,742 posts, read 4,346,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
In the space of time it took me to turn off the TV in the den, walk upstairs, brush my teeth, and turn on the TV in the bedroom, the Kings had scored two goals. Criminey.
Imagine what would have happened if you showered, too!

Old 06-05-2012, 01:03 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,354,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
It's over
I say it every game...if you don't score, guess what, the other team does! NJ actually had offense this post season that has completely disappeared. I know it's because the Kings are so aggressive, but I thought NJ was aggressive too. Oh well.... it's nice when different teams win.
The Kings always had a good team but it seems that they needed a Coach that could shake things up and with Dustin Brown as Capatain who can make huge hits and play a very physical game... But does it in a way that makes it hard for players to respond to him without getting frustrated and drawing a penalty..

NJ is suffering from fatigue of a hard eastren confrence Final with the Rangers... While L.A. had beat every team in the post season in 5 games or less and got too rest and recover between series but they earned it by winning it..

Playoff hockey is a war of attrition and NJ looks like they are mentally beat and that is key to success the stanley cup is the hardest trophy to win in professional sports history.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:47 PM

11,289 posts, read 11,059,747 times
The time for victory is at hand, and the Kings deserve it! The Kings have no desire to go back to NJ for a game 5 (even though the road seems to be their best friend), and a win in front of the home crowd tomorrow night would put the toppings on an incredible playoff run.

The coaching change during the regular season has brought incredible and unexpected results to a city and a team that has waited a long time for a hockey championship. Maybe the Western Pacific division will now be viewed as a contender in a sport that is dominated mostly by Eastern teams (as far as media coverage is concerned).

Hats off to the Kings and their new coach. One more win will seal the deal. I am already excited for the start of next year. There will sure be a different set of expectations in place, and there will be no "sneaking up" on unsuspecting rivals.

GO KINGS!

Old 06-07-2012, 05:30 AM

oh thank heaven, no sweep.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:06 AM

41,999 posts, read 75,311,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
oh thank heaven, no sweep.
It ain't over till it's over. Brodeur was incredible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey