Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 09:28 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,338,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Canada doesnt now need to give Atlanta a team to get a team when the NHL can just give Canada a few teams to places like Halifax
Quebec City, a second franchise to Montreal,Kitchener Waterloo, Hamilton,Saskatoon,Regina.
I can see Quebec getting a second team again and Halifax would be a great place for a team because the people living Maritime provinces should have a Franchise and Ontario could easily house a 3rd team but I doubt Quebec and Ontario would both get another Franchise it would be one province or the other and the Edge would go to Quebec due to them losing the Nordiques and Onatario already has two Franchises.

I would say Regina would be a great place to add another team in the prarrie provinces and they would be great rivals now that the jets are back.

I would love to see Seattle get a NHL team since Vancouver and seattle are sister cities and the they would make great Hockey Rivals and would be alot like the The Battle of Alberta rivalry because it would be the battle of the PNW and with the WHL having a huge market in the area and the Keywest arena is vaccant with no pro-team sports team playing there after the NBA left Seattle..

It is almost perfect fit with an empty arena that was build in the late 90's so it is still new-ish and a large built in hockey fanbase and a instant PNW Rivalr..

Then Again I live in Vancouver and am a life long Canucks fan and biased in that I would like to see another NHL franchise in the PNW because a Vancouver, Seattle, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg nortwest division would be awsome and a Seattle team would do ok in our divsion

Because the Flames are past their prime with inginla nearing the end of his amazing Hockey career and are in need to rebuild..Edmonton is full of young players inexperienced players and is in the middle of rebuiling and Winnipeg will take some time to develop the core of the team and find their stride.

Only vancouver has the a very Strong team Core, Experienced talent with players at their peak of their carears to be a strong westren confrence team that will (I hope) make the playoffs and be a power house team for atleast 2-3 more years to come.

But Seattle would be perfect to to have NHL franchise like the Florida Panthers have move to a new city and then Rebuild by getting alot of a younger talented but inexperinced players and have them grow and mature as a team together in a City that would have lots of support and corporate sponsers to fund the team but they would be under inrense pressure to succeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey