Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2011, 11:14 AM

81 posts, read 194,645 times

Advertisements

I’d love to see Boston close this out on weds, but Tampa doesn’t need to adjust much to keep this series even. Boston stole last nights win plain and simple - more specifically Tim the tank Thomas. Boston should consider adjusting D pairups and stop double shifting their top 4 guys only because Lecavalier and crew are doing the same. I liked chara in the slot as he can double for a power forward on the PP. Tampa figured out our dump and play scheme and Smith did a sick job puck handling ( reminded me of a 2000 era broduer), and resulted in no less than 7 unsuccessful boston dumps. Quite impressive. Jillian will have to adjust the forcheck and zone entry as a result.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:09 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,755,853 times
I was quite pleased with Mike Smith in the net for the Lightning, but I felt bad when I saw Roli sitting on the bench . I felt the Lightning played a little better than the Bruins last night, which make the lost feel worse, but thats hockey for you. Not like the Briuns didn't play great too.

Best change for the Lightning from the beginning of the series and the playoffs is the hitting. They when from not hitting anyone, to leveling guys when they get the chance.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:56 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,345,466 times
Default Congrats to the Canucks!

What a crazy end to this series. Everyone lost track of the puck thinking it was out of play except Kevin Bieksa who shot it in to give the Canucks a 3-2 win to give them the series 4 games to 1.

Sharks are obviously disappointed but they played hard in this series and should keep their heads up.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:00 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,240,657 times
disgusting way to end the season, but as shark fans we've been there before

I hope vancouver gets beat raw in the finals..............

Old 05-24-2011, 11:46 PM

1,654 posts, read 5,859,846 times
Hoping Van gets swathed by the Bruins/Lightning. They didn't deserve game 5 at all.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:25 AM

33,567 posts, read 37,182,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThroatGuzzler View Post
Hoping Van gets swathed by the Bruins/Lightning. They didn't deserve game 5 at all.

LOL...sore loser? I admit the winning goal was a bit of luck, but luck is often what ends overtime.....I'm hoping for Boston in the finals, but no matter, Vancouver will take the cup whoever they play.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:09 AM

7,554 posts, read 7,108,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
LOL...sore loser? I admit the winning goal was a bit of luck, but luck is often what ends overtime.....I'm hoping for Boston in the finals, but no matter, Vancouver will take the cup whoever they play.
it's certainly possible but it's no slam dunk they'll win

Old 05-25-2011, 06:00 AM

81 posts, read 194,645 times
Quote:
Vancouver is in the finals for a reason; they are the team to beat this year. Everything is clicking for them. Boston and Tampa still have issues so whichever team wins is going to have a tough time taking 4 from the canuks. I’d say Boston matches up more favorably with their lock down style of play, but they need a better PP.

Its down to three, and hopefully tonight, we have our cup finals punched in.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:21 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,349,678 times
Quote:
well the fact that the 94 game 3-2 loss in 7 to the rangers when gary bettman gave Messier the stanley cup and said "Captain Mark Messier come get the Stanley Cup!" is still is hard to watch because trevor Linden gave it everything he had and it was 1 goal away it was so close.

well atleast we did not touch the the Campbell Bowl this time

YouTube - ‪Henrik Sedin Accepts the Campbell Trophy - 5/24/11‬‏

Old 05-25-2011, 06:00 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,349,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
disgusting way to end the season, but as shark fans we've been there before

I hope vancouver gets beat raw in the finals..............
As a Vancouver fan it has taken us 40 years in that time we had 2 runs (1982 and 1994) in the stanley finals and lost both times it took 17 years to even get back to the finals.

YouTube - ‪UTV Sports Page Canucks Stanley Cup Game 7 Coverage Part 2‬‏
it is hard to make it to confrence finals even harder tom win confrence and go on to play in the final and win it all.

you have to adm it after facing detroit in the semi final then to take on
Vancouver in the westren confrence final where joe throton was injured and in Games 4 and 5 you looked metally defeated and did not want to be there anymore but man I have to say it jhad some of the worse officiating I have ever seen with all the stuff they called in those games where the sharksd get 5 straight PP in a row and the vancouver gets 3 on 5-3 which each on we put in and it was a playoff record of most 5-3 PP goals scored in a single period and now holds NHL record.

one thing is what is joe thorton saying because he is getting up there in age and with the serprated shoulder he suffred are they going to trade him for some younger talent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.