Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 10:54 AM

3,287 posts, read 9,184,736 times

Advertisements

It's funny...you would say that making a siggy is easy and I would say that making a tube is easy...and to me, making a siggy is hard work, LOL.

Let me thing about it and I'll let you know if I come up with an idea. And if you have something you want tubed, let me know. Liz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 08:45 PM

19 posts, read 29,503 times
crocheting,cabin building,sewing,knitting.canning.gardening...

Old 03-18-2011, 11:20 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,104,854 times
Default What are your hobbies/pastimes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
Well, I already posted my collecting hobby in the other thread....I've been diligently collecting shot glasses (anykind from anywhere) for the past 14 years. I'm an obsessive, hardcore reader. I can read anywhere, anytime, no matter what is going on around me (I've read while being on the phone...and yes, what I read gets absorbed). It is absolutely my "most favoritest" personal hobby. It's relaxing, educational and it forces you to use your own noggin for imagination and creativity. My "secret" dream is to one day own my own little bookstore in a quaint town somewhere in Maine. But I'm not really doing much about getting to that point, so....I also love outdoor stuff, hiking, picnicking, camping, fishing (and yes even hunting...deer and pheasant...though I've never actually caught anything myself when going with my dad...I always "assisted"....more like we just walked with shotguns and talked all day). I won an award and special patch in Girl Scouts for Archery (bow and arrows)....I love that too. I like to cook and bake and most importantly spend time with and enjoy my family (they're a blast!!!)
My hat is off to you! I can not think of a more useful hobby than reading. I have a friend that reads a book a day. To me that seems impossible, but I can't imagine anything that would increase your knowledge more. Wish I could do that, I like to read, but I'm not near fast enough.

I enjoy shooting sports, reloading ammo and all that goes with shooting. I also collect music of all kinds, recipes and cook books. Also enjoy cooking. I got involved in photography while in high school (way back in the 50's) still have an enlarger, print trays, and all that stuff. Have a bunch of film cameras and three digital cameras. At one time I made good money doing weddings and portraits, but those days are gone forever. Still fool with cameras quite a bit.

Last edited by Nite Ryder; 03-18-2011 at 11:29 PM..

Old 03-21-2011, 02:02 AM

27 posts, read 15,514 times
I enjoy photography , cooking , i have to share with Shellly good long walks , bike riding , I love the show Bonanza , i have my own webbie/forum .. love spending time on that .. im learning web design, i love doing Avon, i am a avon rep for 6 years ..love playing with my girl Shelly ... I collect coffee cups .. i love to go to auctions and old op shops and find / buy rare items .. well thats it , i think :/ :P

Old 04-11-2011, 08:22 AM

5 posts, read 9,755 times
I love to fly RC model airplanes as a hobby. I have been flying now for more than 30 years and still can`t get enough of it.
I have also competed in aerobatics with RC and loved it. I would load up the family on Fri. nights and camp at the RC site for the weekend 12-15 times a summer, the whole family enjoyed it, tremendous fun.
http://newhobbyidea.com

Last edited by yuconman; 04-11-2011 at 08:54 AM..

Old 04-11-2011, 09:23 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,515,398 times
I love shortwave radio, I can travel all around the world and never get on a plane or leave my easy chair.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:16 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,900,448 times
Lifting weights, running, kayaking, hiking/climbing (when I'm in the mountains), reading, baking, travelling

Old 04-11-2011, 02:37 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
My biggest hobby and pastime is kung fu - Its not just what I do, its who I am. Others I have/do:

Macro photography
Vinyasa Yoga
Exercise
Making sh*t with all my tools in the garage (woodworking).

Old 04-11-2011, 04:25 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times
Amateur Radio, hiking, camping, fishing, golf, gardening, photography, snow shoeing, gold panning. That's all I can think of right now.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:43 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
My oldest and most dearly loved hobby is reading and my newest and quickly becoming a favorite is contra dance, which is like square dancing only done in long lines.

I love reading for all the obvious reasons, but I also love it because it's such a thrifty hobby--if I could get my books in on time to the library I wouldn't have to pay a penny for it but I don't resent the money spent--I figure it helps to buy new books.

Oh yeah, and I love to travel--have been all over the world and back and books are like traveling too but instead of just going to places, with books I can travel in time and to other worlds and I can see these places when I read.

The contra dance started out for my social life and exercise and I love old time music, but it's quickly becoming a passion as well and I'm always striving to do it better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation