Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2007, 07:55 AM

1,495 posts, read 3,722,897 times

Advertisements

If you have kids thinkin' this would be a fun craft; I don't have kids and it's a fun craft so there you go.

1. Collect some leaves from these beautiful trees that surround us.
Dry or press. Plenty to read on the internet but I just put between pages of phone book for a few days and they come out just fine.

2. Depending on color of the leaves use colored paper/cardstock as backdrop.
So with beautiful yellow leaves I use a red paper.

3. Arrange leaves on paper. Usually no more than 5 on a bookmark strip.
I traced from a bookmark I had so you can pick the size of bookmark you want. Gently tact down with glue stick.

4. Take to Kinkos/Office Depot, etc. and they have laminate sheets and then you have them run through their laminate machines. You can get quite a few on a sheet of laminate.

5. Finally cut into individual bookmarks and hole punch a hole and buy some neat ribbon and make a little tassle. You can also right something at bottom of bookmark "Raleigh 07", etc.

6. Tah dah...there you go...personalized gift that people will enjoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 01:08 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,761,437 times
Very fun idea! We haven't done a fall leaf craft yet. We might just have to try this one! Thanks for the idea!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALUKI_LOVER View Post
If you have kids thinkin' this would be a fun craft; I don't have kids and it's a fun craft so there you go.

1. Collect some leaves from these beautiful trees that surround us.
Dry or press. Plenty to read on the internet but I just put between pages of phone book for a few days and they come out just fine.

2. Depending on color of the leaves use colored paper/cardstock as backdrop.
So with beautiful yellow leaves I use a red paper.

3. Arrange leaves on paper. Usually no more than 5 on a bookmark strip.
I traced from a bookmark I had so you can pick the size of bookmark you want. Gently tact down with glue stick.

4. Take to Kinkos/Office Depot, etc. and they have laminate sheets and then you have them run through their laminate machines. You can get quite a few on a sheet of laminate.

5. Finally cut into individual bookmarks and hole punch a hole and buy some neat ribbon and make a little tassle. You can also right something at bottom of bookmark "Raleigh 07", etc.

6. Tah dah...there you go...personalized gift that people will enjoy.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:01 AM

1,354 posts, read 6,380,915 times
THanks for the fun idea.

Old 11-21-2007, 07:37 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,077,551 times
This isn't really a craft but it's really fun for kids. You must be in a very cold cliamate for this to work though (Florida folks eat your heart out now please !)

When it's really cold outside (Below zero works best) Get the kids outside on a clear fridgid day, pour hot water into a large coffee mug, take it outside where the kids are and toss the hot water into the air.
It turns to a very fine light snow as it falls back down. Your kids will think you have magical powers ! You can tell them to be good or you could turn them into "snowmen" !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation