Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 01:52 PM

26,820 posts, read 22,597,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Probably...
but I don't think even the Nazi's would be able to get away with moving a town 2000 miles.
No, sounds more like Russians with those innovative Communist ideas))))

Old 09-11-2011, 02:17 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,400,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randolph123 View Post
Waterloo is in fact in Russia not in belgium by the way......To be exact you should look at maps and you will find waterloo russia now you've learned something geographic wise.........I recommend reading earlier maps so you can learn much of your history I also recommend war maps as well....Most people these days especially in america mainly the new generation barely know their geography so it's a great subject to come up with and belgium its not waterloo its really called"Walloon." really...I don't blame anyone for not knowing their geography even I mess up sometimes..Yet I know my war maps......Especially the napoleanic empire maps....
Nope. The battle of Waterloo was fought in Belgium. It was Belgium then and it's still Belgium. The Russians never conquered or occupied Belgium.

Napoleon was defeated in Russia before Waterloo, but there never was a Waterloo, Russia. Napoleon never doubted himself very much- a guy who makes himself Emperor of France does not doubt himself.
The Napoleanic Wars continued long after his defeat in Russia until a coalition of his enemies finally defeated him in what is now part of Germany after 6 previous tries.

After he was deposed as Emperor and sent into exile on the island of Elba, he kept well abreast of the situation in France, and came out of exile to gather up another army. His self confidence paid off- he left Elba with 600 followers, and arrived in Paris with an army of over 6,000 he picked up along the way.

After defeating his Bourbon rivals twice, he became Emperor of France again for another 100 days before being defeated at the battle of Waterloo, Belgium. (You can take a guided tour of the battlefield any day of the week- it is still one of Belgium's biggest tourist attractions almost 200 years later.)

The second time they packed him off to an island for a second time after his defeat, to St. Helena, off the coast of Africa in the Indian Ocean, where he died.
He did not die in Russia, he died on St. Helena island out in the middle of the Indian Ocean.

You may have gotten one thing right- he may have died from poisoning, but if it happened, it was most likely unintentional. He ate and drank from vessels that contained a lot of lead. Wine leaches lead out of the pewter ware used during that time. But he could have died from disease, brought ashore from the African continent on supply ships, a bleeding ulcer, ruptured hemorrhoid (he was plagued with them), or any number of other causes.

Last edited by banjomike; 09-11-2011 at 02:29 PM..

Old 09-11-2011, 02:41 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,154,081 times
randolph:
Quote:
Lets go to the year 1920 Hitler was arested for treason and establishing a military which was against the treaty of versaille. For five years he was in prison.
As I was floating on the Waterloo River in Russia, I noticed the above.

The Beer Hall Putsch was 1923, not 1920, and Hitler was imprisoned from April 1924 to December of 1924....seems like less than five years, but perhaps randolph had dog years in mind.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:50 PM

21,167 posts, read 19,761,393 times
The eighth doubter was Randolf the Magnificent. He thought Vaterliev was in Belgium, but didn't think that sounded right so he renamed it Waterloo and moved it to Russia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History