Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 08:30 AM

72,418 posts, read 18,204,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
H&W = Health and Wellness.

I started exercising, and that really has helped with the weight. I've even lost 17 lbs since the beginning of this year, even tho my dr. said some of the meds I've been on would put weight on me. So, if you're fairly careful with diet and exercise, you're set.
Oh that's what it means. I gained 15 pounds.I am thinking of trying to use some diet class or something soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 04:10 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Weight watchers is supposed to be the best. I just cut back on portions and increased cardio. Muscle burns more calories than fat, so weights help too. Good luck!

Old 06-28-2007, 06:39 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,163,217 times
I was in peri-menopausal symptom stages for years it seemed. Then I didn't get my period for 3 months. Then it came. Then it didn't happen for 4 months and I could have sworn I was pregnant (not good at 46!). Then I got it again. Then a blood test FINALLY said I was in full menopause - at 47 y.o. As soon as I started with any of the more regular menopausal symptoms I went on HRT- for 5 years and have not taken anything else since. No signs of any flushes or internal combustions but all the 7 dwarfs visit frequently. :-)

Old 07-03-2007, 01:49 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,485,615 times
Default Menopause/Hot flashes

Do not assume that if you have hot flases it is menopause or you are peri-menopausal. I simple blood test will tell the doctor if you are or not. There are other things that can be serious that cause night sweats that are not related to this, please consult your doctor.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:55 PM

3,031 posts, read 9,089,948 times
I'm starting to wonder if I'm losing my mind! I turned 51 this year. I had a physical...oh...well 2 years ago? And the bloodwork came back with the doc's comment: no signs of menopause at this time. And there weren't. I was regular as a clock. Then, just in the past 6-8 months, I've become irregular (first time EVER in my life I missed a period when I wasn't preggers) and even had one heavy period that was reminiscent of my teenage years. But all that aggravation paled behind what I think are hot flashes. It started about a month ago. I was driving, the day was mild and I thought I'd accidentally turned on the seat warmer. My rear and back got very, very warm. Since then, it seems to happen with more frequency and out of the blue. And the past week or so I can't sleep very well as I get hot/cold/hot/cold etc. all night long. ARGH!

Am I going through this stage at warp speed or is this how fast it hits everyone?

Old 05-06-2008, 07:31 PM

23,018 posts, read 34,390,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NChomesomeday View Post
I'm starting to wonder if I'm losing my mind! I turned 51 this year. I had a physical...oh...well 2 years ago? And the bloodwork came back with the doc's comment: no signs of menopause at this time. And there weren't. I was regular as a clock. Then, just in the past 6-8 months, I've become irregular (first time EVER in my life I missed a period when I wasn't preggers) and even had one heavy period that was reminiscent of my teenage years. But all that aggravation paled behind what I think are hot flashes. It started about a month ago. I was driving, the day was mild and I thought I'd accidentally turned on the seat warmer. My rear and back got very, very warm. Since then, it seems to happen with more frequency and out of the blue. And the past week or so I can't sleep very well as I get hot/cold/hot/cold etc. all night long. ARGH!

Am I going through this stage at warp speed or is this how fast it hits everyone?
No your not losing your mind It hit me just that fast. Pretty soon you'll be sticking your head in the freezer for relief You can get over the counter stuff that helps and you can get stuff from the doctor too. Hang in there, you will get through it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness