Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 03:02 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times

Advertisements

No More Baths! Mom Bathes Baby Just Once a Week | TIME.com

There’s even evidence that today’s toddlers may be too clean for their own health — a little bit of bacteria can be good for building up immune systems and keeping asthma, allergies and other conditions at bay.

One chore less in the day of a hard working mom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 03:09 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,251,584 times
I generally don't shower my toddler more than twice a week. She just doesn't get that dirty and she has really dry skin that I don't want to dry out anymore.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:29 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,879,364 times
I used to bathe my daughter every day when she was an infant, and she got eczema behind her knees. Her pediatrician told me to bathe her no more than twice a week.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:48 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Wasn't there a thread on this topic not too long ago where the OP was angry at a friend for not bathing her child everyday? If I remember correctly, most people disagreed with the OP saying how babies don't get dirty and frequent baths can lead to dry skin.

Getting back to this thread, in the original article on Babble the mother doesn't say how often she gives the baby a bath. The article is titled "I Don't Bathe My Baby" While I agree with not bathing a baby too often, I don't agree with never bathing a baby.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:48 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,821,905 times
I bathe three times a week. Glad to learn it's not unhealthy.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:53 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,958,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Wasn't there a thread on this topic not too long ago where the OP was angry at a friend for not bathing her child everyday? If I remember correctly, most people disagreed with the OP saying how babies don't get dirty and frequent baths can lead to dry skin.

Getting back to this thread, in the original article on Babble the mother doesn't say how often she gives the baby a bath. The article is titled "I Don't Bathe My Baby" While I agree with not bathing a baby too often, I don't agree with never bathing a baby.
Yeah that was me. I also dont agree with never bathing a baby either and to me once a week is too minimal.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:55 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,958,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleetan View Post
I bathe three times a week. Glad to learn it's not unhealthy.
Whom do you bathe thrice weekly? Your child or yourself? I was under the impression adults MUST bathe daily unless there are water shortages, famine, war etc.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:58 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
Whom do you bathe thrice weekly? Your child or yourself? I was under the impression adults MUST bathe daily unless there are water shortages, famine, war etc.
MUST? Or what? I prefer to shower daily but I've never in my life heard it was a "must". In fact, I've always heard it's not good for your skin to over bathe.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:04 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
MUST? Or what? I prefer to shower daily but I've never in my life heard it was a "must". In fact, I've always heard it's not good for your skin to over bathe.
Lol, yep exactly.

I can't shower daily at certain times of the year. It really really irritates me and dries me out. More so in the winter than the summer.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:04 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
NO. excessive bathing dries out the skin and hair. The body needs natural oils--they are there for a reason! I wash my face every other day, in between just use a moisturizing makeup remover or splash water on it. I am in my 50s and have no wrinkles or dryness. Same with the hair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness