Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2013, 04:23 PM

1,880 posts, read 2,307,967 times

Advertisements

Last night, I had a gallbladder attack and was in such pain that I couldn't sleep. So I went on the internet and looked to see if anything would help. One site suggested 1 tablespoon of apple vinegar and a glass of orange juice so I went and tried that and my pain eased almost straight away! I realise that many gallstone sufferers probably already know this remedy but it is news to me so thought I'd share with other fellow ignoramuses

The site also suggested flaxseed tea so I might try that too.

I'm not prepared to have an operation right now as this was my first attack since I was diagnosed 3 months ago (after I had a week long series of attacks). However, if it keeps happening, I will obviosly think about it. I am trying to improve my diet even though I'm not one that has a lot of fat in my diet normally anyway. I did have MacDonalds yesterday (workmate was going there) so that might have been what set it off.

Anyway, I just thought I'd start this thread to let other people with gallstones know how successful the vinegar was at easing the pain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 04:24 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,320,658 times
I'm glad you're feeling better, but the pain is a sure sign you need to see a doctor before your GB gets infected.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:09 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,765,913 times
OP - you might search the alternative medicine thread and see if this has/is being talked about there

Old 08-23-2013, 05:56 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Ah, I remember it well...writing my will in my head, calling a friend the
next day saying I think I have liver cancer.

I have done 2 gall bladder cleanses.
Wow, so fun to emulsify those stones then drink olive oil and like a greased water
slide have them shoot out....and find them in the toilet floating.

Never had another problem...that was 18 yrs ago.

Many cleanses online...I personally believe the magnesium sulfate one is too sudden.
(Epsom salts)
Gentle and easy does it is better.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:25 AM

1,880 posts, read 2,307,967 times
Actually, I work in the medical field and have had an ultrasound. I will keep an eye on things and if it keeps happening, I'll definitely have my gallbladder out. I'm just not rushing into things because, as I said, this attack is the first since a series of attacks 3 months ago and I've never had attacks before those earlier attacks.

I wasn't offering up the vinegar/fruit juice remedy as a cure for gallstones, merely as a way to ease the pain. I had no painkillers in the house so thought I would try the mixture and it actually eased the pain much quicker than any painkiller so I thought others might appreciate knowing that, that was all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness