Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2012, 03:23 PM

54 posts, read 204,786 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, I was working on my car and a coolant hose decided to pop off and spray my right hand with 230+ degree coolant. My hand seems to be find except between each fingers, i have blisters inbetween my fingers and it really sucks cause there constanly rubbing. Im more worried about my small finger because it has a rather large and firm blister and the whole side of that finger has a swollen red outline and the skin feels rough.

At first all i had before my wife got some burn spray was some of that aloe vera after sun lotion and i let that set on it for a couple hours. THen i soaked it with burn spray while i slept at night. Now all im doing is spraying the stuff on it every couple hours and letting my hand be exposed with no bandages because theres no popped blister.

I read not to pop blisters so im gonna tough it out but im just worried about my pinky. I can deal with the smaller blisters between all my fingers but the fact that my whole side of my pink is red with a swollen outline, whole side of the finger's skin feels dry and tough, and it has a huge blister just concerns me..... is this ok?

Any recommendations? I have some cream and gauze on hand for when one pops but is what im doing now ok?

Thanks for the helP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 03:34 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,769,264 times
Silvadene cream is what's recommended for severe burns, ask the pharmacist if it's OTC or not.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:13 PM

659 posts, read 1,014,392 times
see a doc

Old 10-05-2012, 05:18 PM

I was just trying to avoid it, everyone keeps saying its okay and its just a 2nd degree burn, but i might still go.

Anyone ever use those hydrocollid bandages that kind of mold the blister to help deal it safely?

Old 10-05-2012, 05:51 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,521,264 times
I too don't like going to the Dr. for anything; I'd try soaking the hand in epsom salts. I use this with every bad burn and have great results.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:17 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,863,876 times
My husband had a nasty burn before from a printing press and he was being too manly to see a doctor because his coworkers said it was just a flesh wound. We bought gel bandages and kept it covered until it had at least scabbed over pretty well. His burn looked like a pizza with the cheese and toppings pulled off...I should have insisted he see a doctor, but those bandages worked pretty well.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:32 AM
ino

680 posts, read 2,499,020 times
Keep the Aloe Vera going, if you can get hold of the actual plant just rip some off and apply the sticky goo all over.

Silvadene contains silver, so if you know anyone who makes their own ionic silver {inappropriately termed 'colloid silver'} spray that on as well. Ionic silver solution will regenerate skin tissue with minimal or nil scarring.

A mate of mine had that happen to him, all over his arm, side of face, neck and upper chest, he applied both the above and was fixed in no time. The coolant additive had me concerned, but he came out of it no problem at all.

Old 10-06-2012, 03:48 PM

Appreciate the advice guys! I actually had two of the big ones pop last night from shifting gears in my car, must have rubbed it the right way even with a bandage over it. So when i got home i used a needle(clean) and squeezed all the liquid out, put some cream stuff over it and gauzed it up. Peaked at it this morning and both blisters bubbled back up and are just as big???

So i put some burn lotion on it again and wrapped it up. At this point, everyones asking why i have it wrapped up and not open letting it heal exposed. Should i keep putting the cream over the big blister and wrap it up or put the cream on it and leave it exposed?

Old 10-06-2012, 04:50 PM

10 posts, read 42,298 times
Infection is the biggest worry with burns/blisters. Keep them clean, use the bandages until they are healed and no advice is better than your MD's. Good luck and hope you're feeling better soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness