Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 05:02 PM

10 posts, read 38,824 times

Advertisements

Hello Comunity - I have a friend who has a girlfriend with bad breath and he doesn't know how to tell her tactfully and descretly. He says it is not the type of bad breath that can be elimated with chewing gum, regular brushing and/or mouthwash. I suggested to him to take her to a spa and have the toxins eliminated, but told him I would put his situation on the forum for feedback........

What do ya'll think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2007, 05:36 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,301,367 times
She might need to get her teeth clean at the dentist and that should fix the problem. What he can say to her is I need to visit the dentist to get my teeth clean, why not let both of us do it together. He can also pretend he is scared of the dentist and will only get his teeth clean only if she do it with him.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:29 PM

131 posts, read 693,558 times
In my opinion, there's only one way to deal with it and that's be straight with her. Halitosis can have a lot of causes, some which are easily treatable and some which are not.

Here's a nice concise response to a question about it from an ENT:

http://ofcn.org/cyber.serv/hwp/hwc/ent/news/ent017.html

Old 10-12-2007, 12:54 AM

2,679 posts, read 11,735,456 times
She could have dental problems or even a Zenker's diverticulum. He needs to just tell her. Maybe look up an article in some woman's fashion magazine and drop it in her lap.

Revealed - The Cause of Halitosis

Unusual Causes of Halitosis

Old 10-12-2007, 02:05 PM

168 posts, read 1,212,189 times
If she's into acupuncture, that's another possibility. In Chinese medicine, chronic halitosis indicates some sort of illness or imbalance which should be treated--treating the symptom (like a teeth cleaning) would not solve this. If you notice, babies breath never smells bad. They haven't screwed up their systems yet with crappy food and the like...

But honestly, I'd have him tell her. Heck, I'd want to know, as long as he has some sort of suggestion to help with it!

Old 10-12-2007, 05:34 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,301,367 times
If she do have plaque on her teeth or food in between her gums this can also cause bad breath. She might also have rotten teeth in her mouth that can cause bad breath. Food can also cause bad breath as well depends on the food

Old 10-12-2007, 06:12 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,400,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by live_better3 View Post
Hello Comunity - I have a friend who has a girlfriend with bad breath and he doesn't know how to tell her tactfully and descretly. He says it is not the type of bad breath that can be elimated with chewing gum, regular brushing and/or mouthwash. I suggested to him to take her to a spa and have the toxins eliminated, but told him I would put his situation on the forum for feedback........

What do ya'll think?
She probably needs to floss. Many people forget to floss and it can lead to terrible mouth odor. It's hard to date someone with bad breath. How do you get up the nerve to kiss them?

Old 10-12-2007, 06:29 PM

2,039 posts, read 4,554,950 times
"How do you get up the nerve to kiss them?"

LOL, I agree! Smells really get to me and bad breath is one of them. Its very hard to kiss someone with bad breath no matter how much you love them. I'm so bad about it, I will ask my boyfriend if MY breath stinks before I'll kiss him. Unfortunately, persistent bad breath can be caused by a million things--hygiene or medical. Personally, I would want to be told I had bad breath. If I noticed someone was avoiding my kiss, I think I would rather have them tell me I had bad breath than to think that they aren't attracted to me.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:45 PM

10 posts, read 38,824 times
A Big Thanks to you all, and you will NEVER guess what happened, they broke up!!!! AND he didn't even get a chance to tell her about her bad breath!!! LOL

Sorry, not funny, but I thought so for a little while, but will still relay the information to him as the information is useful cause you never know.....

live_better3

Old 10-13-2007, 12:01 AM

2,493 posts, read 4,400,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by live_better3 View Post
A Big Thanks to you all, and you will NEVER guess what happened, they broke up!!!! AND he didn't even get a chance to tell her about her bad breath!!! LOL

Sorry, not funny, but I thought so for a little while, but will still relay the information to him as the information is useful cause you never know.....

live_better3
Well, I'm not surprised they broke up. Bad breath can do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness