Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2007, 08:56 AM

7,841 posts, read 19,005,261 times

Advertisements

This article touches upon a subject that doesn't get much attention..... Death by Prescription Drugs.

regards...Franco
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 10:00 AM

786 posts, read 1,177,303 times
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics
-Benjamin Disraeli

Old 08-09-2007, 10:06 AM

Default Not always true.

shuke wrote: There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics
-Benjamin Disraeli

Humorous and sometimes ture, but not in this case

regards....Franco

Old 08-09-2007, 01:51 PM

324 posts, read 884,084 times
It's sad because some people have such severe addictions. I know a girl who just died from her prescription drug addiction. She was only 25.

Old 08-09-2007, 02:08 PM

I posted a link to this article to bring attention to the fact that people die from prescription drugs, even when they follow the doctors directions to a T.

You bring up another good point...people DO unfortunately become addicted to prescription drugs. I am sorry to hear about the death of your friend.

regards...Franco

Old 08-09-2007, 03:43 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times
Well Gary Null has an agenda- he markets his onwn alternative medications. Everyone should check with their physician, If someone ODs it is not necessarily the drs fault- They may have been suicidal: i.e. an example like Anna Nicole Smith, mixing 5 tranquilizers will obviously kill you. Many times when a person commits suicide the family denies it was an OD.

A doctor is the only professional who must uphold an Oath, ...first do no harm....unlike lawyers-lol

Old 08-09-2007, 04:03 PM

I am not aware of any law stating that everyone should check with their physician. That's exactly what the AMA and the drug companies want us to believe. Last time I checked we still had the right to seek out the health practitioner of our own choosing.

I am not familiar with Gary Null, but maybe it's a good thing that he markets alternative medications. They are likely to be far less dangerous than the prescription drugs that are so heavily marketed by the drug companies on TV. Most of the drugs they suggest you ask your doctor about have a list of side effects that are often far worse than the symptom being drugged. I've never seen Gary Null on TV, probably becasue he doesn't have a multi million dollar TV marketing budget. What chance does he have to sell his likely-to-be-harmless alternative medications against the drug companies?

blessings....Franco

Old 08-09-2007, 04:34 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,633,610 times
If i can only have 3 health supplements to offset prescriptions they would be Garlic, Fish Oil and Green Tea as i'd trust these along with my diet to keep me healthy and to fight any degenerative disease and to get me into longevity.....

Old 08-10-2007, 07:55 AM

Harry o

Have you ever used Yerba Mate ( similar to green tea...but tastier and richer in antioxidants and more of an energizer without the caffeine...contains mateine instead )?

How about Maca? Another great energizer! I like to drink it just before my workout in the weight room.

I can't think of any supplement to rival garlic. Garlic is in a class of its own, especailly raw garlic..not the tablets. In Jethro Kloss's herbal calssic Back To Eden (http://www.thecancerzone.com/sense.html - broken link), he has more pages on Garlic than any other herb.

regards...Franco
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness