Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2010, 02:41 AM

19 posts, read 80,089 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to California and thinking to use either Royal Hawaiian Movers or Island Movers, or American Pacific Moving Services?
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 05:21 AM

3,752 posts, read 11,516,812 times
More info is needed. How much stuff do you have? Do you need a container? Do you need packing services? Are you doing any of the move yourself?

Old 08-16-2010, 12:47 PM

19 posts, read 80,089 times
I'm looking for door to door service along with packing service.
I'm not sure if i need a container or not.Want to take my queen size bed and sofa. Have a lots of books and shoes, some kitchen stuff, clothes. I don't want to ship my books via USPS media mail. They lost my books and other valuable things when I moved here from the mainland few years ago....
Anyone had experience with "Aloha International Moving Services" ?

Old 08-23-2010, 09:50 AM

3 posts, read 11,357 times
Oooh! Royal Hawaiian Movers! They are amazing! None of our stuff was broken or scratched. Plus,they are super nice!

Old 08-23-2010, 11:49 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,529,959 times
I used United to move to Hawaii, which used Island Movers once it was on the island. I then used Island Movers back to the mainland. Honestly, I wasn't impressed. The only reason I used them the second time was because they had a lower minimum weight. When I moved to Hawaii, the guys showed up at 4:55pm (they told me anytime between 8 and 5) so of course I was stuck at home the whole day. I lived in an upstairs unit, and they gave me an attitude when I asked them to bring the boxes upstairs (which IS included in the cost). When I was moving back to the mainland, we had a set pickup time for the entire week prior. They called the night before and asked to change the time - which I said no to because I had other things that needed to be taken care of at specific times that day. The move crew complained many times when they were at my apt because they wanted to come at a different time. Oh and my contact lady said that my company could make certain payments and they'd ship, but then she called me and said they refused to release my goods until they had full payment (which was also not in the contract).

Sorry don't have comments on the other movers. Island Movers was rated very highly, but I guess I just had bad experiences. Good luck!

Old 09-26-2011, 11:58 PM

1 posts, read 4,470 times
Default Royal Hawaiian Movers ... Horrible Thieves

We moved from Hawaii as part of a military move... before we left they stole all my jewelry... $23,000. I filed a police report and the detectives response back to me was, "miss, I went and spoke with each of the men that was at your home and they told me they didn't do it. so I believe they didn't do it."...... REALLY?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure he gets his cut somehow. my dealings with the police in Hawaii for the 5 years we lived there is that rent-a-cops in malls are better than they are! Anyone interested in filing a class action? I'm going to file a suite... care to join?

Our pack out was 2/10/11 and our shipment was in storage for 5 months. We just finished unpacking now that we are in Connecticut and not one single box was free from damage. $56,700.00 worth of damages!!!! Horrible. I turned paperwork in for the claim Saturday. Thankfully the move was a FRV (full replacement value) by the military and they will go after them and my homeowners will cover a small portion of the jewelry.... they need to be shut down and put in jail.

They packed the kitty litter scooper with my 6mo old baby girls bottles!!!!!!!! the toilet plunger with our kitchen boxes of food and pasta.... Royal Hawaiian Movers are a joke and disgrace to the industry and it's because of idiots like them that the rest of the industry takes heat.

I took photos and video of all the damage as I was opening each box. . . they broke off the top of our clothes valet / butler and taped it back to the main piece.. and lazy......they left dresser drawers full and then taped around the entire surface of the dresser to keep the drawers shut, then when the tape was removed it took the finish with... I had a Hebrew bible dating to 1700's valued at over $10,000 that they just threw in a box and it was destroyed. I have a word document 64 pages long with 5-6 photos on each sheet showing the stupid things they did.

Horrible... run from these guys!

Last edited by 7th generation; 09-30-2011 at 04:47 PM..

Old 09-27-2011, 05:41 AM

52 posts, read 159,470 times
If I had a book (or anything else for that matter of similar size) worth $10,000, I wouldn't leave it up to anyone but myself to pack or manage. Unless the mover was a pawn-shop master appraiser do you think they had any idea how valuable that book was?

If the police officer responded with, "We conducted an investigation and found nothing to support your claim that the movers stole your jewelry" would you have been satisfied? Remember, the burden of proof for pretty much any claim lies in the accuser. You could be some bat-spit crazy person just looking to make a claim for all the police know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmtheartist View Post
DON'T USE THIS COMPANY. THEY WILL ROB YOU BLIND WHILE PACKING YOUR BELONGINGS AND DESTROY YOUR THINGS FROM CRAPPY WRAPPING/HANDLING...... I had a Hebrew bible dating to 1700's valued at over $10,000 that they just threw in a box...Horrible... run from these guys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii