Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
 [Register]
Harrisburg area Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 02:16 PM

688 posts, read 2,835,807 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know how much they sell the adult and the youth tickets for Hersheypark at the Giant Food store? And also what it costs at the gate? I heard they raised the prices this year for admission but no info on the actual price at the gate? Does the 2 1/2 hour preview come with the tickets purchased at Giant? One more question, I have a 8.00 off coupon for the park, does anyone know if I can use it to get even more of a discount by purchasing at Giant? Ok, one more question, does Giant sell Dutch Wonderland tickets and are they discount rated?

Thanks everyone in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2007, 10:11 PM

24,394 posts, read 23,050,809 times
Not to be an activist but I'd seriously consider boycotting all things Hershey, including the park. With them shutting down US plants and opening up new ones in Mexico the company has really shown bad faith to american consumers and workers. I don't eat any of their candy anymore.

Old 05-10-2007, 05:41 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,513,664 times
This link has all the gate prices. http://www.hersheypa.com/attractions...kets/index.php

They have different prices for before Memorial Day and after Memorial Day. Can't help you with the Giant question.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:31 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,691,729 times
If I remember correctly, a couple years ago the Hershey tickets we bought from Giant saved us about $7.00 each. You'll just have to check Giant's website or give your local store a call. I don't think our Giant has Dutch Wonderland tickets but I've seen discount coupons somewhere - maybe Wendy's?

Old 05-10-2007, 06:45 AM

44 posts, read 283,296 times
I know Icy, I couldn't believe it when I heard they were closing down, that town is going to die. What are they thinking, well, I know what there thinking, the almighty dollar. It is just so sad. I'm not buying their products anymore.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:18 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,885,186 times
we went last year and had coupons from subway. Don't buy a "full price" ticket too many coupons and discounts out there.

Also where are you staying. We stayed at the Comfort suites right by the park and it was wayyyy expensive. (closet to the park but you still have to drive...I thought it would have a shuttle for that price) Stay a few (maybe 3miles) futher away and your room is 1/2 the cost. So you drive and extra 5 min....that's worth $100 to me!

Old 05-10-2007, 07:24 AM

996 posts, read 3,278,213 times
In response to Icy Tea: Today in the Scranton paper, there is a small item on the back page about Hershey closing it's last remaining plant in Canada. Those jobs will be coming the US and Mexico. I don't like to see US plants close and jobs moving to Mexico, but did you ever notice that when a large corporation does do something good, it is back page news??

As for the question about tickets, try AAA also. Not sure of the exact prices, but when we recently visited Orlando, their Seaworld prices were the best we could find.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:19 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,513,664 times
Good suggestion greentown!

https://www.aaamidatlantic.com/membe...ders_step2.asp

AAA has Hersheypark and Dutch Wonderland discounted tickets for members.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:57 AM

1,099 posts, read 4,618,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Not to be an activist but I'd seriously consider boycotting all things Hershey, including the park. With them shutting down US plants and opening up new ones in Mexico the company has really shown bad faith to american consumers and workers. I don't eat any of their candy anymore.
Hershey Foods is not in any way associated with Hersheypark Entertainment and Resorts Inc.

Please check up on the facts before making comments like that.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:59 AM

1,099 posts, read 4,618,877 times
Giant has Hersheypark tickets for 34.95 for adults. This is the cheapest you can get them. The $8 coupon can only be used at the gate, which is off the $43.95 general admission which brings you down to ....$35.95, which is a dollar more then they sell them for at Giant. So it makes sense to just buy them at Giant. Giant only sells regular one-day passes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area