Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 01:29 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,107,989 times

Advertisements

I tip $6 bucks on a $9 dollar haircut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 01:47 PM

10,115 posts, read 19,418,499 times
People who go to such "Clip Joints" are looking for a cheap haircut, so, they are probably on a tight budget to begin with. Many simply don't leave any tip! I usually leave a $5 tip, to me the goodwill is worth it! All I want is a haircut, and that's what I get! I've found such haircuts even better than the expensive places!

I used to go to JCP, until the prices became absurd! Something like $40 for the cut, then extra for shampoo, extra for conditioner, extra for blow dry, don't even think about color, highlights, yadda, yadda.....easy to spend $100+ before thinking about a tip! That was back in the good old days, when we actually earned real money......
Frankly, I'm happier with my basic cut, then I do the color myself, people actually stop me and ask where I get my hair done!

Old 01-23-2016, 08:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,873 times
Look this is comparable to going out to eat at lunch. Prices are lower and the bill with "lunch special" prices for two people can be $12.00 so do you tip 15% (Restaurant) on the PreTaxed amount? Of course NOT! Use common sense and same for Haircut that costs $12. or even $15. Most guys get their hair cut once a month or maybe once every 6 weeks. So if you can't afford the extra $3.00 in your total then you should look into cutting your own hair - clipper set at Walmart costs $20. $5.00 MINIMUM for the Haircut or even the Lunch Special guys - don't be CHEAP!

Old 01-23-2016, 01:21 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,593 posts, read 81,279,384 times
My barbershop charges $17, I tip $3 simply because I can hand them a 20 and go.

Old 06-14-2021, 08:57 AM

1 posts, read 529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazk14 View Post
13$ haircut I tip 2 bucks I cant afford to tip 5 bucks
Hair stylists, like waiters and waitresses, rely on tips to pay their bills. A $2 tip doesnt even buy a cup of coffee. Stop being a cheap-ass and sacrifice a beer to give her a fair tip of $5. No excuses. You already know a $5 tip is fair but refuse to make sacrifices. That, unfairly, forces the hair stylist to maker sacrifices because you're too f*cking cheap to make a tiny one. Thats a very narcissistic attitude you have. No, the world doesnt revolve around you. Put on your big boy pants and grow the f*ck up. YOU wanted a hair cut, so you should act like a brown up and stop expecting everyone else to compensate so that you dont have to. I imagine I've seen you before, in a Walmart meme. Same mentality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care