Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2010, 06:13 PM

92 posts, read 113,173 times

Advertisements

I washed my hair daily for years with Prell shampoo. Now I know why I shouldn't have done it. I have to wash it every day now (with a milder shampoo) or I can't stand my hair. Just after I wash it it looks ok. Kind of dry but I can live with it. The next morning, I wake up and my hair is stuck together and greasy!! I have tried literally for years to get my hair normalized. Does anyone have a similar experience or any advice?? I would love to hear from you. I use nothing - absolutely nothing - on my hair or it would be greasy in a matter of hours. I tried WEN but it was like shampooing with cream rinse. Help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 08:41 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,556,495 times
If you *have* to wash every single day...I would use a very mild shampoo..like baby shampoo... Have you tried T-Gel by Nutragena (I don't know if that is spelled right)? Another trick we used to do at the salon is after we cleaned and conditioned the hair, we would 'trickle' Sea Breeze onto the scalp. Let it sit for a minute or two and gave a quick rinse to the ends...
Also when you shampoo...be easy on your scalp. No need to get in there and scrub every single day. Really clean your scalp every other day or every third day...the other days just wash your hair. Bend over in the shower and literally keep the shampoo off your scalp...or just wash it a little bit...

Over shampooing your hair with bad shampoo is probably causing and increase in oil production.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:33 PM

Thank you. I am using a good shampoo, I think. Better than Prell. Never heard of "Seabreeze"? What is it?

Old 07-30-2010, 07:28 PM

15,146 posts, read 27,814,354 times
Oily scalp/dry hair is a common thing. Try using a moisturizing shampoo and just wash your scalp, rinse (and enough will get through to the rest of your hair to remove hair product, etc.) - then use a conditioner.

Another "tip" depending on your hair type/length, etc. -is "wash" w/conditioner every other day.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:28 PM

Sea Breeze is an astringent. You can get it anywhere...

Old 07-31-2010, 07:38 AM

Thank you Flamingo 13 and Danielle. I will look for Sea Breeze. Now I'm curious.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:32 AM

good luck!

Old 08-02-2010, 02:10 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,004,724 times
On days when you have nowhere to go, don't wash....brush that "oil" thru your hair!
Definitely condition with a moisturizing conditioner....you don't have to apply it to your scalp...just to the strands of hair!
My daughter has the same problem....she washes daily, but quickly, and with the barest minimum of shampoo needed....washing only the scalp and not scrubbing her hair! Then, lots of conditioner only on the hair, not the scalp!

Old 08-22-2010, 09:18 PM

221 posts, read 799,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
If you *have* to wash every single day...I would use a very mild shampoo..like baby shampoo... Have you tried T-Gel by Nutragena (I don't know if that is spelled right)? Another trick we used to do at the salon is after we cleaned and conditioned the hair, we would 'trickle' Sea Breeze onto the scalp. Let it sit for a minute or two and gave a quick rinse to the ends...
Also when you shampoo...be easy on your scalp. No need to get in there and scrub every single day. Really clean your scalp every other day or every third day...the other days just wash your hair. Bend over in the shower and literally keep the shampoo off your scalp...or just wash it a little bit...

Over shampooing your hair with bad shampoo is probably causing and increase in oil production.
OMG..do not use prell, unless you are trying to strip out hair color. That's how strong it is and it's drying like no other. Use a milder shampoo and don't put conditioner on your roots. Also, if you don't want to wash every day, which you shouldn't anyway, use some baby power or corn starch on your roots. Brush it in and it takes out the excess oil. I do this all the time.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:17 PM

We actually did a experiment in beauty school...we wrapped a perm and instead of perm solution we put prell on each rod...and it permed (chemically altered) the hair. It worked! ...that is how harsh that shampoo is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care