Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2018, 08:17 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,254,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Apparently the Sears at Haywood Mall in Greenville will become the only surviving location in the Upstate, as Spartanburg and Anderson stores will be closing. Historically the Haywood store has been a strong performing location and one of the larger Sears stores in the region. Hopefully it will continue, but I have not visited recently and I heard the electronics dept. is now much more limited. If you want to purchase a good TV you apparently now have to shop at Best Buy, Target, or Walmart. And the popular Craftsman and Kenmore house brands may no longer be exclusive to Sears inventory. So they may have challenges ahead, as apparently Sears is no longer a destination for reasonably priced clothing purchases. Target and Walmart seem to do better here.

Wonder how that Sears Outlet over by the theater does.. I've always wanted to get by there just to check it out, but.. I despise Woodruff Rd.

Old 06-05-2018, 05:43 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Apparently the Sears at Haywood Mall in Greenville will become the only surviving location in the Upstate, as Spartanburg and Anderson stores will be closing. Historically the Haywood store has been a strong performing location and one of the larger Sears stores in the region. Hopefully it will continue, but I have not visited recently and I heard the electronics dept. is now much more limited. If you want to purchase a good TV you apparently now have to shop at Best Buy, Target, or Walmart. And the popular Craftsman and Kenmore house brands may no longer be exclusive to Sears inventory. So they may have challenges ahead, as apparently Sears is no longer a destination for reasonably priced clothing purchases. Target and Walmart seem to do better here.
There really is no reason to go there (with all the reasons you correctly stated), unless you are at the mall for some other reason and just want to look around. I certainly would not drive to Haywood just to go to Sears anymore.

Any word what will happen to the empty spaces that Sears is leaving behind in our area?

Old 06-05-2018, 07:38 AM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
There really is no reason to go there (with all the reasons you correctly stated), unless you are at the mall for some other reason and just want to look around. I certainly would not drive to Haywood just to go to Sears anymore.

Any word what will happen to the empty spaces that Sears is leaving behind in our area?

That Sears store doesn't look like it's doing that well to me.
I have been in the Haywood Sears store lately and have seen only a handful of people looking around and it's mostly much older customers. Says much about there customer base. Not really younger people or millennials shopping destination. Sears time has passed.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:19 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,293,306 times
Quote:
And the popular Craftsman and Kenmore house brands may no longer be exclusive to Sears inventory.
Lowes is phasing in the Craftsman line of hand tools this year:

https://newsroom.lowes.com/news-rele...ailable-lowes/

Old 06-05-2018, 02:09 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,402,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckee16 View Post
We are in Clemson a lot.I didn't realize BGR was that special.Tripadvisor has it right at the top for Clemson. We will hit it soon!
I thought World Class Cheesburgers on other side of College Avenue was good too. It opened up the past 6 months or so.

Old 06-05-2018, 06:05 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,879,977 times
Quote:
Kenmore appliances are not made by Sears. You can buy the manufacturer brand cheaper most times.

Old 06-05-2018, 06:07 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,879,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Wonder how that Sears Outlet over by the theater does.. I've always wanted to get by there just to check it out, but.. I despise Woodruff Rd.
Some of the stuff is a good bit cheaper. We got our stove and fridge there 4 or 5 years ago, and saved liked 200 on the stove (discontinued model and in perfect shape) and like 400 on the fridge (scratch and dent, but you cant see the dent.) Some stuff is higher than what you could buy, say at Lowes.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:28 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
Lowes is phasing in the Craftsman line of hand tools this year:

https://newsroom.lowes.com/news-rele...ailable-lowes/
About the only good thing about Craftsman still is their warrranty, which is not as good as it used to be, but appears that Lowes will honor it.

Craftsman tools are mostly made in China and some in Taiwan.

The same company that makes Craftsman appears to make Kobalt as well.

Old 06-06-2018, 12:10 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,293,306 times
As part of the Stanley purchase of Craftsman, they stated their intention to bring manufacturing of the tools back to the US. It will take time to see if they follow through on that or not:

https://toolguyd.com/stanley-black-d...n-back-to-usa/

Old 06-06-2018, 07:28 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
Bad Daddy’s Burger Bar for old CVS on Augusta Road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area