Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2014, 03:21 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
I've noticed the lights on at 430 S. Main St. in the location where Duncan's Roadside BBQ used to be. Definitely people putting together some kind of restaurant in there. I seem to remember someone here saying that the space was leased long ago by some local pizza joint. Progress?
I stop by the Short Stop once a week.. The guy who owns that owns that whole strip so far as I know. I've been joking with him that the guy must be using it as a tax writeoff or cover for cooking meth or something, because whoever it is opening the pizza shop rented the space about 7 months ago, and has been in there working on it all this time.

But, apparently the rent keeps getting paid. That had better be the best damn pizza ever.

Just an FYI, not that it really matters. But the Short Stop pulled lottery sales out a few weeks ago. Wondering how common that is.. It's the first place that i've noticed not selling lottery tickets, but, I rarely buy any, so I rarely look to see whether a place is selling them or not.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:14 PM

453 posts, read 646,687 times
My favorite thing about that strip is how the two hair salons or whatever have had 'grand opening' banners up for, what, four years? Maybe longer than that? It's been so long that the two 'grand opening' banners have had their colors fade pretty badly.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
My favorite thing about that strip is how the two hair salons or whatever have had 'grand opening' banners up for, what, four years? Maybe longer than that? It's been so long that the two 'grand opening' banners have had their colors fade pretty badly.
One is a latino hair place, the other is "African Braiding".. Then you have the Pet Grooming.. So, I think he ought to rent that last space out to a barber shop or beauty salon.. Then every freaking hair type is covered.

But.. That end space that has the Latino hair place.. At least it has gotten away from being a mobile phone store. It was that for 7 years or so.. A different one every 6 months or so.

To be fair.. I think the african braiding place is relatively new.. The latino place.. Yeah, that's been there at least 3 years now.

Old 11-12-2014, 08:35 PM

151 posts, read 331,414 times
Default Wasabi - Izumi - Fusion

The place next to HH Gregg is now turning into another Japanese restaurant. It is either called Fusion or that is the description of the food…..sign taken down today, new one in two weeks. Looked like it might be the same owners opening under a different name, not certain though.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:16 PM

1,845 posts, read 2,763,213 times
There was a recent liquidation of the large retailer BikeStreet, with at least 4 or 5 stores in the upstate. However the local bike market is still strong.

The new Freehub bicycles will move into the old Woodruff Rd and Peden St (by the Swamp Rabbit Trail) BikeStreet stores. I'm not sure what will happen to the Taylors location.

And there's a new bike shop in Simpsonville - Cycle Haus off Grandview Dr in the old Blockbuster store. (I always thought there should be a bike shop in Simpsonville ever since the 90's.)

Old 11-13-2014, 01:42 PM

151 posts, read 331,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
There was a recent liquidation of the large retailer BikeStreet, with at least 4 or 5 stores in the upstate. However the local bike market is still strong.

The new Freehub bicycles will move into the old Woodruff Rd and Peden St (by the Swamp Rabbit Trail) BikeStreet stores. I'm not sure what will happen to the Taylors location.

And there's a new bike shop in Simpsonville - Cycle Haus off Grandview Dr in the old Blockbuster store. (I always thought there should be a bike shop in Simpsonville ever since the 90's.)

Freehub opened earlier this week.

Old 11-13-2014, 03:04 PM

690 posts, read 1,146,383 times
Aw yeah! Tirado's is coming back to Greenville.

Opening Soon: Tirado's Empanadas (Greenville, SC) | What's Opening There?

Former food cart owners open restaurant in Greenville

Old 11-13-2014, 03:19 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
I noticed where the Owl Restaurant was on Wade Hampton towards downtown has new signage and is now called DishOut. Says café and catering. Upon trying to find info on it, I see it's been open a little over a week and one of the people was previously at Corporate Deli.

Has anyone tried this since it opened??

Also see on Wade Hampton as well, in Taylors, Art Eats Bakery has a grand opening sign out with Nov 15th as the date opening.

Was in Taylors on Old Spartanburg and across from Ace is a new place with home décor. I saw the sign and stopped in. Seems like booths, reminds me of a mini Palmetto Home and Garden. Still open areas not set up yet with retailers. One of the ladies there said they were having their "soft opening."

Old 11-16-2014, 06:22 AM

2,443 posts, read 2,869,148 times
Tried, Nazca last night on Main St. in Mauldin; it is a Peruvian /Columbian place. Well what a nice surprise to see that they have Peruvian rotisserie chicken, one of the things we missed from Raleigh! We didn't try it last night as we wanted beef (which was delicious!), but we will be back and will report on it.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:11 AM

Word is that the pizza place next to the Short Stop in Simpsonville will be open quite soon.. Just waiting final inspection now.

I'm guessing he won't open the week of Thanksgiving, but.. You never know. Good a time as any to do a 'soft' opening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area