Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2013, 10:07 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,663,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Huh? They're literally going after the same demo and offer the exact same things; Earth Fare, Fresh MArket and Whole Foods are all competitors of one another. That's like saying a BiLo and Walmart Neighborhood Market should be in the same shopping center.

IMO, Earth Fare and Whole foods are targeting the same market, but Fresh Market is less health food, and a more gourmet feeling to me. FM does carry some organic, and a few of the same brands as the others, but it doesn't feel like that's their primary focus.

That said, we routinely shop at, and like, both Whole Foods and Fresh Market (Earth Fare is just too far away for routine trips).

Old 11-14-2013, 11:08 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Huh? They're literally going after the same demo and offer the exact same things; Earth Fare, Fresh MArket and Whole Foods are all competitors of one another. That's like saying a BiLo and Walmart Neighborhood Market should be in the same shopping center.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Workz View Post
IMO, Earth Fare and Whole foods are targeting the same market, but Fresh Market is less health food, and a more gourmet feeling to me. FM does carry some organic, and a few of the same brands as the others, but it doesn't feel like that's their primary focus.

That said, we routinely shop at, and like, both Whole Foods and Fresh Market (Earth Fare is just too far away for routine trips).
The Fresh Market is more of a gourmet supermarket whereas Whole Foods and Earth Fare are more health and organic focused supermarkets. I doubt anyone cares if The Fresh Market and Earth Fare coexist in proximity of each other. (I have seen Harris Teeter and Food Lion coexist in Greensboro, North Carolina and Winn Dixie and Food City coexist in Knoxville, Tennessee.)

Old 11-15-2013, 09:11 AM

285 posts, read 457,248 times
Fresh Market is not coming to this location so it doesn't really matter. I hope this thread stays on subject and not take on the "what if" spin.

Old 11-15-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreddy View Post
Fresh Market is not coming to this location so it doesn't really matter. I hope this thread stays on subject and not take on the "what if" spin.
It is unknown if The Fresh Market is coming to this location. I know the immediate area can support and will patronize them if they come.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:00 PM

81 posts, read 144,145 times
Le Peep is coming to Greenville, off of Pelham Rd, near I-85.

https://www.facebook.com/lepeepgreenville

Old 11-19-2013, 02:27 AM

1,941 posts, read 4,469,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
The Fresh Market is more of a gourmet supermarket whereas Whole Foods and Earth Fare are more health and organic focused supermarkets. I doubt anyone cares if The Fresh Market and Earth Fare coexist in proximity of each other. (I have seen Harris Teeter and Food Lion coexist in Greensboro, North Carolina and Winn Dixie and Food City coexist in Knoxville, Tennessee.)
I agree, no way are The Fresh Market and Earth Fare going after the same people. Sure, there is some overlap among the gourmet food shoppers, but I view Fresh Market as being more like a regular grocery store in its offerings, except that it also has some gourmet offerings in a nicer, more intimate environment. In contrast, Earth Fare focuses more on healthy, organic items.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:41 PM

186 posts, read 358,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Would The Fresh Market be a good tenant?
You'll have to trust me on this one: Fresh Market is definitely NOT going in on Pelham/Beacon. Expansion in G-Ville (at this time) is not really even a consideration from what I hear.

Old 11-19-2013, 02:18 PM

34 posts, read 111,158 times
I want a Fresh Market for the Five Forks area but I assume that will never happen.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailVictory View Post
You'll have to trust me on this one: Fresh Market is definitely NOT going in on Pelham/Beacon. Expansion in G-Ville (at this time) is not really even a consideration from what I hear.
You are definitely hearing things. The Fresh Market has been interested in a second Greenville store for years. The end result of not adding a store on Woodruff Road was the relocation of its North Hills store on East North Street to South Pleasantburg Drive.

I will not be surprised when The Fresh Market announces its second and third Greenville area stores. Asheville, a smaller city than Greenville, is getting a second Fresh Market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmm2001 View Post
I want a Fresh Market for the Five Forks area but I assume that will never happen.
I agree.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:25 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
Ate at the one in Columbia a few months back. I was really disappointed, mediocre at best and very expensive. Original Pancake House is waaay better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annica View Post
Le Peep is coming to Greenville, off of Pelham Rd, near I-85.

https://www.facebook.com/lepeepgreenville
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area