Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2009, 08:32 AM

4 posts, read 12,945 times

Advertisements

On a recent trip to Atlanta, a huge piece of gravel hit our windshield and left a small chip in the windshield.

We are looking for recommendations for windshield chip repair services. Have you been happy with your repair and does it matter if you go to them or they come to you?

Thanks so much,

Sienna
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 09:59 AM

82 posts, read 196,486 times
I used a company that was based in Greer that came to my house to replace my windshield (I'll have to dig around to try and find the receipt) and they did a great job. I was hoping that they could fix the chip put it was on the drivers side and if a crack or chip is on the drivers side they will not fix it but they will have to replace the entire windshield.

Also you should call your insurance company. Mine covered the entire cost but I had to call them, get pre-approved and go through a service they use to get connected with the glass repair company.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:18 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,965,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeng27 View Post
I used a company that was based in Greer that came to my house to replace my windshield (I'll have to dig around to try and find the receipt) and they did a great job. I was hoping that they could fix the chip put it was on the drivers side and if a crack or chip is on the drivers side they will not fix it but they will have to replace the entire windshield.

Also you should call your insurance company. Mine covered the entire cost but I had to call them, get pre-approved and go through a service they use to get connected with the glass repair company.
I had a chip on my drivers side and Safelite fixed it for me. I agree, call your insurance company, there should be no increase in your premiums and you might find it is totally paid for.

Old 01-02-2010, 12:21 PM

3 posts, read 12,290 times
My husband can take care of that for you....he works with Palmetto Auto Glass here in the Upstate. If you have full coverage on your car, it will not cost you anything. He will do all the work of getting it approved with your insurance company. The installer will come to wherever you are- work or home, and install the new windshield. His name is Larry Lawrence and his number is 864-978-2242.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:33 PM

817 posts, read 852,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeng27 View Post

Yes check with your insurance company first. My insurance said it was only free because I had comprehensive on my car. Otherwise I would have had to pay.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:34 PM

1 posts, read 2,708 times
To all who read. There are many different companies out there that fix chips, cracks, and replace. I work for [url=http://www.sterlingglassllc.com]South Carolina Windshield Replacement|Windshield Repair | Sterling Glass LLC[/url] and it a very easy process.

#1 we will call the glass claim in for you.
#2 you have the right to choose which glass company you want to use.
#3 we will do what is most conveinent for you. we will come to your home or work.

I will let you understand something about insurance and your windshield repair or windshield replacement. Obviously the insurance companies are in business to make money. But in south carolina you pay extra to have REPLACEMENT, it is by far cheaper for the insurance company to pay for repair, but when it all comes down to it. IT IS UP TO YOU what you want to do. I tell all our customers, you have the right to choose. I rocommend replacement on everything but then again, I work for a company and get paid so that is exactly what I am going to do.

My suggestion. Anything larger than a quarter you should have replaced. The insurace glass claims say a dollar bill but 9 out of 10 times if we try to repair it, it only cracks more and we have to replace it.

Anything in the line of vision should be replaced. That would be from the center of the windshield over to the drivers side. ( your eyes will always focus on the chip repair )

A chip repair is not cosmetic, it is only structural, and is just an attempt to try and save your windshield. it is not a permnent fix.

At sterling glass LLC we give 2 free chip repairs with any new Auto Glass Replacement for the first 12 months without calling your insurance company. We want to keep your costs and premiums low.

If you ever have any questions on windshield repair or windshield replacement please check out our web site, we have a lot of great information and about auto glass and auto glass safety.

[url=http://www.sterlingglassllc.com]South Carolina Windshield Replacement|Windshield Repair | Sterling Glass LLC[/url]

Old 04-28-2010, 06:32 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
I just had the windshield replaced in my vehicle due to the glass just being "sandblasted". I called Safelite, they contacted my insurance company, USAA and came out to my house the next day. Piece of cake.

This was my first time I've used my insurance for anything in over 10 years...didn't cost me a dime. He even cleaned all the windows and vacuumed out the whole van!!

Old 10-15-2016, 03:37 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,665,635 times
BUMP

I have sustained a chip on the windshield of my minivan that has extended within 4 hours. Have comprehensive coverage

I had an installer who changed it about 5-6 years ago and looks like the quality of glass was not great. The same stone would not have damaged the windshield on my other 2 vehicles. Any recommendations for a installer who installs good quality glass?

Old 10-15-2016, 03:51 PM

723 posts, read 1,148,882 times
I don't think ANY aftermarket glass is as good as the original manufacturer's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area