Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2009, 10:50 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,971,856 times

Advertisements

I was working in GC today and had a few minutes to kill so stopped into the antique store on Main St. I was told that they have an auction every Thurs. night.

Anyone ever been? If you have, was it worth the time?

Anyone know of any other antique auctions in the upstate that are worth a visit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 08:58 AM

6 posts, read 10,897 times
Rapunzll, I read your posts as I see you moved to Greenville and also like Aiken.

Guess I'm looking for a tiny Aiken like town in the country near Greenville.

Gray Court interests me as the land is cheap It looks hilly and rural from realtor.com
What are your impressions? Is that area south of Greenville hilly? rural -sweet people? horsey?
The antique auction would be a plus.
It seems that the areas south of Greeenville and Spartanburg are more rural with less subdivisions. I like Pickens too but there is not as much land for sale.
Thanks

Old 11-18-2009, 09:45 AM

2,068 posts, read 5,971,856 times
I personally cannot imagine living in GC. There is really nothing there, although it has potential as does pretty much every town I see, I can't see that potential being realized. I have only been through Fountain Inn a couple of times, but it seems very nice. So is Easley and Simpsonville.

I really don't know if there are areas near here that I would call particularly horsey. The best thing to do is to come down and drive, drive, drive to see what you like. Even then, having lived here close to a year, the places I thought I liked when I first came here are no longer places I think I would move.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:42 AM
jac

389 posts, read 1,007,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyartist View Post
Rapunzll, I read your posts as I see you moved to Greenville and also like Aiken.

Guess I'm looking for a tiny Aiken like town in the country near Greenville.

Gray Court interests me as the land is cheap It looks hilly and rural from realtor.com
What are your impressions? Is that area south of Greenville hilly? rural -sweet people? horsey?
The antique auction would be a plus.
It seems that the areas south of Greeenville and Spartanburg are more rural with less subdivisions. I like Pickens too but there is not as much land for sale.
Thanks
You might want to check out the area of Jenkins Bridge Road between 418 and Fairview Rd (west side of Fairview). It's a beautiful area and, judging from all the horse pastures, should be horse friendly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area