Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 09:06 AM

169 posts, read 571,408 times

Advertisements

OK folks, we have been here for nearly 2 years.. this will be our first Thanksgiving here, as we have celebrated up North in the past, and so it will be our first Black Friday shopping experience...Give me the good, the bad and the ugly of it all...kind of excited about not having to brave lake effect snow, ice and cold this year......thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 09:57 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,566,820 times
You may already know this as a general rule, but I would stay AWAY from Congaree Rd anytime basically between T'giving and Christmas. I'm sure the Haywood Rd exit off of I-385 backs up badly too on Black Friday. I'd look for a back way into the Haywood Mall area.

I wouldn't even try to get near The Shoppes at Greenridge during the day. Again, pretty much from T'giving til Christmas. If you think Woodruff Rd is bad on a regular basis, you don't even want to think about getting in that quagmire during holiday shopping season!

Old 11-02-2009, 08:31 PM

335 posts, read 1,182,322 times
Always fun! I go out every year. Best Buy usually has campers starting Thanksgiving day. Part of tradition now to drive by Thursday night and see how many are already camped out. Walmart always has good deals, as does Kohl's. And if you can wait till Friday, Kmart and Garden Ridge are always good to stop in on Thanksgiving day, they start early!

Old 11-03-2009, 08:08 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,883,498 times
One tip, when going to Greenridge......exit at Laurens Road, go through ICAR and the Point, turn in front of Whole Foods and then line up with the redlight that goes directly across to Greenridge. Makes getting in and out much easier.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:25 AM

80 posts, read 227,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
One tip, when going to Greenridge......exit at Laurens Road, go through ICAR and the Point, turn in front of Whole Foods and then line up with the redlight that goes directly across to Greenridge. Makes getting in and out much easier.
SHUSH!! Don't tell everyone. Just joking. It is a good way to go into the shops.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:09 PM

1,950 posts, read 2,769,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benny the gimp View Post
SHUSH!! Don't tell everyone. Just joking. It is a good way to go into the shops.
I agree. I wondered if I was the only one that traveled that route to that area. I hardly ever run into another car going through ICAR. I would never get on Woodruff Road again after traveling this route through ICAR.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:07 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,883,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benny the gimp View Post
LOL! Guess I shouldn't have let the secret out.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:54 AM

11,712 posts, read 24,845,222 times
Avoid Woodruff Road like the plague on Black Friday. I go to Anderson. The Best Buy in Greenville is a mess that day.

Old 11-14-2009, 06:44 PM

169 posts, read 571,408 times
bump~
OK so what are the crowds like here? I have noticed that for the most part, people here are considerate....Is it still evident during the craziness of Black Friday shopping? thanks

Old 11-15-2009, 07:48 AM

347 posts, read 981,893 times
Greenville people are quite considerate compared to other cities, but on a day like Black Friday, they're probably in "the zone" so I'd be careful while out-and-about (driving, walking in parking lots, etc.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area