Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2008, 05:07 PM

438 posts, read 1,360,317 times

Advertisements

My childrens school system in all it's infinite wisdom has decided to carry on with the tradition of Spring Break in the middle of March instead of moving it to April despite it having correlated with Easter since my in-laws, who graduated from the same school system, were in grade school.

So our trip to Greenville to look at the school my husband is interested in {ECPI?} as well as the area, potential rentals etc. will be the 22nd through the 28th of March. It will be the second-ever trip 'out east' for all of us, our first was last February when we went to Savannah/Fort Stewart for my husband's deployment ceremony & leave. So I am completely clueless as to what to expect temperature wise. I am also wondering what sort of indoor things to do for a wide age range of little ones {oldest will be 10, youngest 3 1/2}? Will it be warm enough to take them to explore the Falls Park at all? We are planning to get a hotel with an indoor pool, as well as bringing a babysitter so they can stay at the hotel and enjoy it while we go to the college and house hunting.

Any and all suggestions welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 08:13 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
It should be nice and pleasant that time of year. Check out the zoo and Falls Park. Take your kids to the OP Taylors toy store downtown too.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:37 PM
B&R

148 posts, read 316,206 times
March temperatures average in the 60's for highs and 40's for lows but March is very changeable. In general it is sunny and mild but a little windy. Rain events are usually quick moving. The best advice is to check the weather forecast right before you come but be prepared for changes, especially if you will be here a week.

Almost any outdoor activities will be perfectly fine.

Old 12-16-2008, 01:00 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,577,537 times
Will the children's museum be open by March? Anyone know?

If so, you should check it out! It's suppose to be the largest in the Southeast, I believe!

Old 12-16-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesc View Post
Will the children's museum be open by March? Anyone know?

If so, you should check it out! It's suppose to be the largest in the Southeast, I believe!

That sounds wonderful. Is it a hands-on museum by any chance? The © The Children's Museum of Indianapolis and the WonderLab Museum of Health, Science, & Technology || Bloomington, Indiana , both of which we are annual members of, are very hands-on and they have all learned so much from both places.

Old 12-17-2008, 03:56 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,380,209 times
The Children's Museum of Greenville - Yes, it will be very interactive, educational, and entertaining. It is being built in the former county library headquarters, which is located on Heritage Green in downtown. Keep in mind that Greenville is not as big as Indianapolis. I think it will be great for this region. There are others within short driving distance as well; including Asheville, Columbia, Charlotte, and Atlanta. As someone mentioned earlier, surprisingly, the children's museum in Greenville will be the largest (total square footage) in the Southeast.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:06 AM

I think wonderlab is probably 3k square feet total, including the classrooms and such so big isn't important. I enjoy taking them to wonderlab alot more than to Indy both because it's alot closer to home for us and because it's smaller and less crowded

Old 12-17-2008, 09:51 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat321 View Post
My childrens school system in all it's infinite wisdom has decided to carry on with the tradition of Spring Break in the middle of March instead of moving it to April despite it having correlated with Easter since my in-laws, who graduated from the same school system, were in grade school.

So our trip to Greenville to look at the school my husband is interested in {ECPI?} as well as the area, potential rentals etc. will be the 22nd through the 28th of March. It will be the second-ever trip 'out east' for all of us, our first was last February when we went to Savannah/Fort Stewart for my husband's deployment ceremony & leave. So I am completely clueless as to what to expect temperature wise. I am also wondering what sort of indoor things to do for a wide age range of little ones {oldest will be 10, youngest 3 1/2}? Will it be warm enough to take them to explore the Falls Park at all? We are planning to get a hotel with an indoor pool, as well as bringing a babysitter so they can stay at the hotel and enjoy it while we go to the college and house hunting.

Any and all suggestions welcome.
I graduated from ECPI in Greenville in 2002.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
I graduated from ECPI in Greenville in 2002.
Really? I would appreciate anything you care to share either here or through DM. The school looks good, and a google of the name without location turns up good reviews on Yahoo and so forth but nothing beats a first-person perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area