Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 05:33 PM

1,028 posts, read 3,082,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
There are actually mutiple blocks downtown with hot dog carts. Yes, they still do it.
I figured they still did hot dog carts. I was wondering if there are still ones that sell Sabrette's. I just really like the brand and was curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 03:01 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,859,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvjd View Post
I figured they still did hot dog carts. I was wondering if there are still ones that sell Sabrette's. I just really like the brand and was curious.
I believe one of the carts downtown is still Sabrett's, but not 100% sure. I do know the cart in Greenridge in front of Lowe's is Sabrett's.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:07 PM

8 posts, read 11,947 times
Of course for a price you can get all the essentials here... Vienna Beef - Chicago's Hot Dog and a Whole Lot More! they have the relish, poppy seed buns, even the famous Chicago Italian Beef!

Where can you find poppy seed buns in the Greenville area? Another great Chicago landmark, Al's Beef will be opening soon in Athens, GA. They have great food!!

Old 07-07-2011, 05:45 PM

5,590 posts, read 15,375,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSquare1019 View Post
Another great Chicago landmark, Al's Beef will be opening soon in Athens, GA. They have great food!!
You're kidding! That is awesome! Let's all beg them to consider opening in Greenville too. Their Chicago-style Italian beef "sangwiches" are amazing. I recently learned a good recipe for these, but nothing beats the real thing.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:34 AM

Default Al's Beef

Skyliner - have you made it to Al's Beef in Athens yet? We go whenever we have a hankering for it! Of course we have been purchasing Vienna's from the website and Rosen's poppy seed buns can be shipped right to your door which we do too! Can't pass up the convenience even for the cost; it's worth it!

Old 06-04-2013, 07:44 AM

807 posts, read 1,784,375 times
Most interesting post for a Southern girl. Hotdogs to most of us are mustard, chilli & onions. I must say I had never heard of all this but of course, I have never traveled. Thanks for the education. You can find celery salt in with the spices as we have always had that. I normally use it on potato salad. Never imagined it on a hotdog. Thanks for the post!

Old 08-04-2013, 06:40 PM

As far as I'm concerned if you want "authentic" Chicago style food either go to Al's Beef in Athens, GA which isn't too far of a drive from Simpsonville, SC/Greenville, SC. My husband and I would drive there on the weekend Saturday or a Sunday when we had a hankering for good tamales, beef, Vienna dogs or their yummy French fries. The other option is going to the Vienna beef website & the Rosen's website and ordering dogs, poppy seed buns or beef...which we've done multiple times since we had moved to the Greenville are. We are moving to Mt. Pleasant, SC and I can tell you once our home is built WE WILL be ordering again for Vienna hot dogs, poppy seed buns and tamales. There's no substitute for the "real" thing and as far as I'm concerned it's worth the extra cost to have shipped!

Old 08-06-2013, 04:20 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,810,207 times
I would love to see an Al's Beef open up in Greenville. Or better yet, a Portillo's! Why not both? Gosh, reading this thread has really made me miss my Chicago food. Thank goodness, I can still get Home Run Inn and Uno pizzas in the freezer section at the local supermarket.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:01 PM

723 posts, read 1,149,409 times
Aren't we getting a little bit away from the topic of this thread, which is hot dog CARTS?

Old 08-09-2013, 11:53 PM

80 posts, read 226,952 times
Al's beef in Athens closed. It would be nice if Greenville got a Portillo's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area