Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2022, 07:33 AM

56 posts, read 57,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
In parts of Greenville County you may be albe to receive WBTV-3, WCNC-36, and WJZY-46 from Charlotte. I used to reliably pull them in with my attic antenna in Mauldin.
LOL, last year for the fun of it I started doing a rescan every time we had one of those events and for a day or so I picked up an ABC station out of Durham NC. I talked to someone who once picked up a station 600 miles away for a short period. I guess these freakish receptions would mostly go unnoticed unless someone happened to do a scan during the short duration these occurances last.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out why I can get WYFF, WSPA, and WHNS perfectly when i turn my antenna to 169° towards WMYA but I get nothing from WLOS. Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought all 4 would be broadcasting from the lighthouse station. If I get the other 3, it looks like I'd get WLOS also. Am I wrong in my assumption.....yeah yeah I know about assuming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2022, 06:56 AM

5,160 posts, read 7,351,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob864 View Post
LOL, last year for the fun of it I started doing a rescan every time we had one of those events and for a day or so I picked up an ABC station out of Durham NC. I talked to someone who once picked up a station 600 miles away for a short period. I guess these freakish receptions would mostly go unnoticed unless someone happened to do a scan during the short duration these occurances last.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out why I can get WYFF, WSPA, and WHNS perfectly when i turn my antenna to 169° towards WMYA but I get nothing from WLOS. Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought all 4 would be broadcasting from the lighthouse station. If I get the other 3, it looks like I'd get WLOS also. Am I wrong in my assumption.....yeah yeah I know about assuming.
Although the NextGen streams all use the same WMYA signal, each one may be configured differently. From a technical standpoint, WLOS uses a different configuration for their ATSC 3 signal. It may be more subject to antenna or amplifier issues or some other technical problem.

Old 08-31-2022, 06:39 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,521,264 times
I pulled the cord and just bought the SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex 4K ATSC 3.0 NextGen TV: 2/4 Tuners HDFX-4K on Amazon. By applying and being approved for the Amazon Credit Card I got a gift card for $100 making my cost $99.99 and I get to pay that over 6 months interest free. That is a big reason I did it now, and, that I can watch on all TVs in the house with just one converter. I'm tired of fighting my antenna for reception! It will be here Friday. I can't wait to get it!

Old 09-01-2022, 06:39 AM

6 posts, read 2,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
I pulled the cord and just bought the SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex 4K ATSC 3.0 NextGen TV: 2/4 Tuners HDFX-4K on Amazon.
Enjoy! I purchased one a couple months ago when I just couldn't get WLOS in reliably. The ATSC 3 signal is rock solid with an attic antenna in Simpsonville. I had been in the Tablo Tuner ecosystem for a long time and now realized I should have switched years ago. Good luck!

Old 09-01-2022, 06:59 AM

266 posts, read 300,632 times
Quote:
I pulled the cord and just bought the SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex 4K ATSC 3.0 NextGen TV: 2/4 Tuners HDFX-4K on Amazon. By applying and being approved for the Amazon Credit Card I got a gift card for $100 making my cost $99.99 and I get to pay that over 6 months interest free. That is a big reason I did it now, and, that I can watch on all TVs in the house with just one converter. I'm tired of fighting my antenna for reception! It will be here Friday. I can't wait to get it!
Congrats, great deal and you are going to love it. Start looking at channelsDVR server software, watch and record live tv anywhere with a internet connection.

Old 09-01-2022, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioTransplant2112 View Post
Enjoy! I purchased one a couple months ago when I just couldn't get WLOS in reliably. The ATSC 3 signal is rock solid with an attic antenna in Simpsonville. I had been in the Tablo Tuner ecosystem for a long time and now realized I should have switched years ago. Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmelfi View Post
Congrats, great deal and you are going to love it. Start looking at channelsDVR server software, watch and record live tv anywhere with a internet connection.
Thank you, both! I know a good deal when I spot one. I've been building my credit over the last year and was surprised I got approved for this but I have to be very careful not to abuse it.

Old 09-01-2022, 05:48 PM

https://getchannels.com/dvr-server/
Read up on this, you still need the Hdhome run software to setup and scan, but then install this and you can even watch at work.

Old 09-01-2022, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Thank you, both! I know a good deal when I spot one. I've been building my credit over the last year and was surprised I got approved for this but I have to be very careful not to abuse it.
https://getchannels.com/dvr-server/
Run this and get TV anywhere from your antenna.
Oops double post, forgot the hit refresh.

Old 11-08-2022, 12:49 PM

5,160 posts, read 7,351,784 times
There have been technical problems with the NextGen signals the past few weeks. WYFF-NG has no audio or video, as the screen is black. WSPA-NG and WHNS-NG have no audio. But both WLOS-NG and WMYA-NG are working correctly with the ATSC 3.0 configuration. Somehow Sinclair is not properly processing the feeds from WYFF, WSPA, and WHNS on channel 35, its WMYA lighthouse channel. But fortunately you can watch 4, 7, and 21 on the normal ATSC 1.0 channels. Hopefully whoever is asleep at the wheel will resolve these technical difficuties which have been ongoing for over 3 weeks now. The first rule of broadcasting is to avoid dead air. Audio/video is the basic fundamental requirement.

Old 11-10-2022, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
There have been technical problems with the NextGen signals the past few weeks. WYFF-NG has no audio or video, as the screen is black. WSPA-NG and WHNS-NG have no audio. But both WLOS-NG and WMYA-NG are working correctly with the ATSC 3.0 configuration. Somehow Sinclair is not properly processing the feeds from WYFF, WSPA, and WHNS on channel 35, its WMYA lighthouse channel. But fortunately you can watch 4, 7, and 21 on the normal ATSC 1.0 channels. Hopefully whoever is asleep at the wheel will resolve these technical difficuties which have been ongoing for over 3 weeks now. The first rule of broadcasting is to avoid dead air. Audio/video is the basic fundamental requirement.
Thanks for the update. Was wondering what the deal was with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area