Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2008, 05:25 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,605,543 times

Advertisements

Was on my way to Charlotte, NC and stopped in Greenville, SC for two days, stayed at the Best Western, Airport, not knowing the area, I was given a book to look through "A Look At Greenville" and the people at the hotel couldn't have been more helpful giving me directions to restaurants and local Walmart.

Took a tour of downtown, went to Fall Park, what a beautiful park, we sat and watched the waterfalls and was amazed at how well kept the whole area was. Next rode around trying to find the Museum of Art, which we finally located, since hubby is a docent at a local museum here in FL he wanted to see what the local museum held. Interesting that the museum was "free" and that they did not have any docent tours, but we did go from floor to floor and it was a well spent afternoon.

The rains came, so rather than roam around in the rain back to our hotel we went, we did eat at some of the restaurants and had lunch at the local Chic Fil A and let me tell you, the people there to were very friendly, they gave us maps and told us about some of the local things to do. Unfortunately, our visit was short and I didn't get a chance to roam around some more, but I have to say I was impressed with the people and the whole area.

Saw the BMW plant and of course, saw several BMW's being driven so I'm assuming that it is one of the bigger local employers in the area.

I hope to be able to get back to Greenville again.........I was impressed

Songbird42
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 06:01 PM

511 posts, read 1,529,959 times
Default Greenville

I hope you do get to return soon--there is a lot you did not have time for. I am glad you thought everyone was friendly--we are known for loving to talk. Yes BMW is one of our larger employers. We also have Michelin, GE and several others. Thanks for the input & hope you return soon!

Old 05-21-2008, 06:50 PM

82 posts, read 317,342 times
That's great! I am visiting next month and will be staying at the Best Western Airport Inn also. I can't wait.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:38 PM

7 posts, read 16,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbird42 View Post
Was on my way to Charlotte, NC and stopped in Greenville, SC for two days, stayed at the Best Western, Airport, not knowing the area, I was given a book to look through "A Look At Greenville" and the people at the hotel couldn't have been more helpful giving me directions to restaurants and local Walmart.

Took a tour of downtown, went to Fall Park, what a beautiful park, we sat and watched the waterfalls and was amazed at how well kept the whole area was. Next rode around trying to find the Museum of Art, which we finally located, since hubby is a docent at a local museum here in FL he wanted to see what the local museum held. Interesting that the museum was "free" and that they did not have any docent tours, but we did go from floor to floor and it was a well spent afternoon.

The rains came, so rather than roam around in the rain back to our hotel we went, we did eat at some of the restaurants and had lunch at the local Chic Fil A and let me tell you, the people there to were very friendly, they gave us maps and told us about some of the local things to do. Unfortunately, our visit was short and I didn't get a chance to roam around some more, but I have to say I was impressed with the people and the whole area.

Saw the BMW plant and of course, saw several BMW's being driven so I'm assuming that it is one of the bigger local employers in the area.

I hope to be able to get back to Greenville again.........I was impressed

Songbird42
Songbird42; thank you for the information about Greenville SC. I'm going next month to check it out, I plan to retire. I read nothing but good things about the city. Thanks again for your opinion.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:40 PM

7 posts, read 16,133 times
Thank you Songbird42 for your opinion on Greenville SC. I plan to visit next month.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:04 PM

9,467 posts, read 9,450,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbird42 View Post
Next rode around trying to find the Museum of Art, which we finally located, since hubby is a docent at a local museum here in FL he wanted to see what the local museum held. Interesting that the museum was "free" and that they did not have any docent tours, but we did go from floor to floor and it was a well spent afternoon.
Songbird42
If you are into museums, you must see the Bob Jones University Art Museum. It's not on the downtown campus, but on the one east of town. It is SO worth your visit. The art is all religious, naturally, but the quality is superb. I especially enjoyed the antique furniture and artifacts. We were there two hours, but it really wasn't long enough. We'll have to make another visit. Highly worth your time! There is also another building on that campus which houses more art that we didn't get to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area