Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2008, 10:03 PM

9 posts, read 41,111 times

Advertisements

Is Anderson South Carolina a good place to live? My family and I are looking to move to South Caroilna and came across the area of Anderson. We were just wondering if this would be a nice place to live and work. We were also curious what would be the best schools to look in to for high school,middle school and elementary school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 05:18 PM

511 posts, read 1,522,176 times
Default Anderson

Check out Wren or Hanna High. Anderson District One.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:45 PM

4 posts, read 12,046 times
Default NE Anderson County

We live in Powdersville in the NE corner of Anderson County. This a great location for many reasons... 10-15 minutes from downtown Greenville, views of the mountians, 20-35 minutes from Lakes Hartwell and Keowee, very good schools (Anderson Dist 1), new library, new county offices and great people. There are some nice neighborhoods off of Cely Rd (off of SC 81)... Hornbuckle, Lantern Ridge, Hampton Downs, Ivy Woods, etc.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:38 AM

152 posts, read 616,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscottdog4 View Post
Is Anderson South Carolina a good place to live? My family and I are looking to move to South Caroilna and came across the area of Anderson. We were just wondering if this would be a nice place to live and work. We were also curious what would be the best schools to look in to for high school,middle school and elementary school.
My wife and I will be retiring to Anderson this year or early 09. We have done some research and it seems that you can get good housing for a resonable price. There are not many new developments but you can find good areas along highway 81. I do not believe that Anderson has as many things to do as Greenville but it is close if you want to drive up. Its location, about half way between Atlanta and Charlotte, are very important to us that do a lot of flying. Schools in District 1 are very good and so is health care along US81.

We will probably rent for 6 months to a year before we buy just to make sure we choose the right area.

Keep us update on what you find.

Good luck.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:44 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,023 times
My wife and I live in Anderson close to downtown. It's not a bad place to live at all. Thirty minutes from Greenville, nice places to live. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping on Clemson Blvd. When we buy a house we're probably going to buy around Powdersville.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
My wife and I live in Anderson close to downtown. It's not a bad place to live at all. Thirty minutes from Greenville, nice places to live. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping on Clemson Blvd. When we buy a house we're probably going to buy around Powdersville.
It seems that you are happy living in Anderson, why would you be looking at Powdersville and not along US81 which has the best high school and is where growth seem to be sprouting? We will be moving to Anderson this year and are very interested in your reply.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:59 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rferd View Post
It seems that you are happy living in Anderson, why would you be looking at Powdersville and not along US81 which has the best high school and is where growth seem to be sprouting? We will be moving to Anderson this year and are very interested in your reply.
My wife works in Anderson and I work in Spartanburg county and we don't have kids. So it's a bit closer to my work and not to far from hers. We currently live near TL Hanna on 81.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:40 PM

1,294 posts, read 6,485,070 times
I'm a big advocate for Pendleton schools (District 4). I went there! And also, you can't beat living on or near the lake if you're in Anderson.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:50 PM

1,294 posts, read 6,485,070 times
Any updates here? We'd love to hear!

Old 09-08-2008, 10:36 AM

As I had mentioned before, we will be moving to Anderson early 2009. I like to "look before I leap", so I am looking for Cable TV, Internet and phone service in Anderson. I hear the Charter is not very good but... is there any other option for cable and internet? Please advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area