Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2015, 11:37 AM

3 posts, read 4,150 times

Advertisements

Hi there!!! I'm relocating to Greenville SC and trying to find a nice high school for my child who will be a freshman next year. What are some of the best high schools in the area? How is Wade Hampton High School?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2015, 12:53 PM

21,044 posts, read 27,649,174 times
Where in Greenville are you considering a relocation to?

Wade Hampton High School, a AAAA school in Greenville County Schools, is decent. The Fine Arts Center, adjacent to Wade Hampton High School, is South Carolina's first specialized arts school.

Old 03-14-2015, 02:34 PM

Thanks Carolina Knight! I would like to move to area zoned for the nicer schools. I've been doing some research and Wade Hampton sounds like a nice one. Do you know what areas subdivisions, zoned for this school?

Old 03-14-2015, 02:37 PM

143 posts, read 220,673 times
I can get a list of every home available at this time for this school but it would be extensive. Can you give a price range? Just checked. 107 homes with minimum o 3BR/2 Baths available ranging in price form $107,900 - $2,000,000.

Old 03-14-2015, 02:49 PM

21,044 posts, read 27,649,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.char1 View Post
Thanks Carolina Knight! I would like to move to area zoned for the nicer schools. I've been doing some research and Wade Hampton sounds like a nice one. Do you know what areas subdivisions, zoned for this school?
Botany Woods, Edwards Forest, Edwards Forest Heights, Half Mile Lake, the various neighborhoods of Pebble Creek, Stone Lake and Wade Hampton Gardens are in the Wade Hampton High School attendance zone. Stone Lake is in the city of Greenville.

Old 03-14-2015, 05:30 PM

6,917 posts, read 22,688,921 times
You can use this link to check assignment by address or subdivision.

Find Your School

This is the last of our 8 years at Mauldin. We've been happy there and our children have received one of the best educations this state can provide. I hear Riverside is also good and a few others if you aren't tied to the WH area.

Last edited by myrc60; 03-14-2015 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: info

Old 03-14-2015, 08:32 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,351,793 times
If you search this forum, this question has been asked a lot and there are already some great answers.

Some of the better high schools in Greenville county include: Riverside, Eastside, Blue Ridge, and Wade Hampton.

Anderson District One schools are also excellent and both Wren and Powdersville High Schools are convenient to Greenville.

There are also some great schools on the Western side of Spartanburg County that would be fairly convenient to Greenville.

You can get some great info from the state school report cards: https://ed.sc.gov/data/report-cards/2014/
That's mostly based on standardized test scores but it gives you some idea of how the various schools perform.

Old 03-15-2015, 02:29 AM

Thanks everyone for your responses! I really appreciate all the helpful information! I will continue researching. Thanks again!!!

Old 03-16-2015, 04:23 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,351,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
You can use this link to check assignment by address or subdivision.

Find Your School

This is the last of our 8 years at Mauldin. We've been happy there and our children have received one of the best educations this state can provide. I hear Riverside is also good and a few others if you aren't tied to the WH area.
Mauldin - I knew I left something off the list - Mauldin is consistently among the better Greenville County Schools as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area