Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 03:48 AM

90 posts, read 277,736 times

Advertisements

Good morning upstate friends- was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good car service or shuttle service to use to go to the Atlanta airport... need to go this Friday and don't want to drive, as my car has been acting up (nor do I want to leave it in the airport lot for 2 weeks).

I tried searching for this, but all I could seem to find was limousines- for weddings, special occasions. I certainly don't need to get to the airport in a stretch Hummer limo, ha ha!

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 06:24 AM

896 posts, read 1,140,526 times
How about a one way car rental? Pickup in Greenville, drop off in Atlanta, just a thought. I think it could be more economical than a car service.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:02 AM

2,167 posts, read 3,134,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2trvl View Post
How about a one way car rental? Pickup in Greenville, drop off in Atlanta, just a thought. I think it could be more economical than a car service.
That's the answer. I checked Enterprise and you can rent a compact car at GSP and return it to ATL for $60 plus gas. That's going to be cheaper than any shuttle (which I doubt even exists.)

Old 10-14-2013, 08:37 AM

Unfortunately renting a car would add a whole layer of complication on to things for us. We have to leave very early in the morning and then get back late at night 2 weeks later.

If I'd have to drive my car to GSP and leave it there, then I might as well leave it in Atlanta, as it's kind of the same thing I'm trying to avoid. Sure I could take a taxi to GSP but, yet more complication.

No friends or family here, so getting a ride to the airport, something normal for most people-- isn't something that is an option for me.

Thanks anyway for the rental car suggestion!

Old 10-14-2013, 08:43 AM

You wouldn't drive YOUR car there. You would pick up the RENTAL CAR in Greenville, the night before, or morning of, and return it to ATLANTA, the day of your flight. I don't know your flight times, so may require hotel stay, whatever. I know what it is like not to have friends/family in the area. I wish we were already there in Greenville, we would take you and pick you up, seriously!

Old 10-14-2013, 09:04 AM

But I have to get to GSP to pick up a rental, correct?

Yeah it's tough not having family in the area. My closest and only relative is my sister, she lives in Pennsylvania. I tried really hard to make friends when we moved here, but my work isolates me (I work at home, self employed) and the neighborhood we are currently in is a pretty suburban "bedroom community" type of place, lots of the typical soccer/sports Moms. After about 40 days of trying to make conversation with the other Moms at the bus stop, or when I was out walking the dog, I finally just gave up. People say there isn't a stigma to being a single Mom, but there most definitely is. It was like this in Hilton head, where I lived for 10 years, also. But My Son and I do love Greenville. Anyway, long story short but thank you very much for what you wrote!

Old 10-14-2013, 09:08 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,665,567 times
You can rent in town as well, so you don't even have to go to GSP. Enterprise will even pick you up at home, and bring you to the rental place if you need.

Car rentals are for 24 hours, so with an early morning flight you could pick up a car the day before. Same thing on the way home, you just drop it off the next day.

Not sure what area you are in, but we routinely get cars from Budget or Enterprise on Woodruff, and there are a number of national and local chains between Pleasantburg and the downtown area.

There are also locations in Mauldin and Simpsonville as well.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:18 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,665,567 times
I found these through a search, so you'll have to do some research on them, but these may help as well:

Transportation & Airport Shuttle - RoadRunner Driving Service - Highlands, NC
SouthEast Transportation

Old 10-14-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by libellula View Post
But I have to get to GSP to pick up a rental, correct?

Yeah it's tough not having family in the area. My closest and only relative is my sister, she lives in Pennsylvania. I tried really hard to make friends when we moved here, but my work isolates me (I work at home, self employed) and the neighborhood we are currently in is a pretty suburban "bedroom community" type of place, lots of the typical soccer/sports Moms. After about 40 days of trying to make conversation with the other Moms at the bus stop, or when I was out walking the dog, I finally just gave up. People say there isn't a stigma to being a single Mom, but there most definitely is. It was like this in Hilton head, where I lived for 10 years, also. But My Son and I do love Greenville. Anyway, long story short but thank you very much for what you wrote!

We will have to make sure we meet once we get there. We will be there for 2 weeks in November, but, won't be back for good until mid-end of January. My dh(65) and I(50) are retired, but, I hope to find a PT job once we are settled.

Marie

Old 10-14-2013, 10:02 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,530,954 times
I have lived in Greenville for 10 years. I found this site in 2007 and it seems to me we have talked about this before. I don't have time to search it out for you right now but I thought that thread lead to something that might be useful. Have you checked with GSP? Have you ever been there? You sound afraid of it and I gotta tell you there isn't enough to be afraid of at GSP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area