Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2013, 02:40 PM

15 posts, read 16,219 times

Advertisements

Any opinions on which way to go? Screened room or one with windows? If you have either of these, how much do you use it? We went to the Fall Home and Garden Show and were surprised at all the options available....the Eze-Breeze caught our eye.....does anyone have one? Pros? Cons? If any of you have had a good experience, who would you suggest I check out? Thanks for any tips and suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 12:30 PM

9,504 posts, read 9,830,587 times
I didn't see the Eze-Breeze at the show but the 4 seasons room by Taylor's Windows looked good. I believe it was a 10x12 around $11k. Good construction materials. Let us know what you decide.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:12 AM

807 posts, read 1,785,875 times
I have a screened porch & wish we would have gone with a all season room. We don't use it as much as we should, but that's our fault. Always finding something else to do.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:54 PM

Thanks for your responses! Pat, as a real estate agent, how important is a sunroom vs a screened room to your clients? What I am trying to accomplish is to have a windowed (with screens) room protected from the elements, but not an actual room addition....more like a 3 season room....able to enjoy my big backyard without being concerned with dirt, pollen, rain, wind...

Would potential buyers see that as a bonus or a waste of space because it is not usable all 4 seasons? Thanks again for your input!!

Old 10-07-2013, 01:25 PM

807 posts, read 1,785,875 times
It would just depend on the personal preference of the customer. Personally I said that is what I would prefer due to the fact that I love being able to feel like I'm outside while being protected from the elements. With the room, depending on the layout of your home you may be able to leave a door open & get heat or air to the room with no problem. I also have a small electric fireplace that looks like a small woodstove & that would heat that type of room. I actually got a great deal on it at the end of the season. If you heat & cool it of course, it would add more value. Another advantage I see is that unless it's freezing out, you can open as much space as you feel comfortable vs the screen porch which is too cool for me in the winter months. Good luck with your choice & I hope you love whichever you choose. PS, I think you could put more comfortable, longer lasting furniture if it was not exposed to the elements.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:41 PM

14,254 posts, read 14,758,164 times
NEL

What did you do?

Thanks

Old 06-14-2014, 09:28 AM

We went with a three season room that has glass slider windows with screens. The cost savings was considerable compared to a 4 season room addition. 13,000.00 vs 50,000.00. Two ceiling fans keep us comfortable in the heat, and plan to get an electric fireplace as Pat suggested for winter use. It has become THE favorite place to spend time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area