Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 09:45 AM

55 posts, read 168,181 times

Advertisements

I've been in Greenville for nearly two years and somehow have managed not having any of the hibachi places. Just wondering which of the hibachi restuarants in Greenville is the best! Judging by food and experience...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 10:07 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,380,209 times
For variety, my answer is Genghis Grill.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:14 AM

356 posts, read 677,495 times
Dozo in Easley for the money can't be beat.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:08 PM

462 posts, read 968,673 times
It depends on what you like. They are similar yet not totally alike. Is it just Hibachi or sushi too?

Miyabi & Kanpai in Greenville are 2 of the best.

I also like Hibachi Boy in Easley for a fast food type hibachi meal.

Redbowl & Miyabi have really good sushi and Red Bowl has 1/2 price every day from 3-6:30.

Old 06-17-2013, 06:46 AM

98 posts, read 218,190 times
Try Oriental House on either Garlington Road or Augusta Road. It's my favorite place and my wife's favorite as well. Anyone I have ever taken there loved it, and many have become "regulars" as well. It is sit down & order style (not cooked in front of you).

Old 06-18-2013, 06:25 AM

78 posts, read 245,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by striketeamvic View Post
Try Oriental House on either Garlington Road or Augusta Road. It's my favorite place and my wife's favorite as well. Anyone I have ever taken there loved it, and many have become "regulars" as well. It is sit down & order style (not cooked in front of you).
I second this recommendation 100%. I have never been to the Augusta Road location but I am a regular at the Garlington Road location. I have taken a number of people there and they all loved it. A couple of my favorite items are the Hibachi Chicken Breast, Hibachi Steak, and the Steak Bowl. Another very popular item is the Chicken Bowl but I suggest trying one of the Hibachi items on your first visit, as everyone seems to really love them.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:48 PM

175 posts, read 201,780 times
We love Sukura's over by Walmart. I get the steak hibachi and my daughter gets the beef bowl. No show, but good food. We also like Genghis Grill and Oriental House.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:43 PM

55 posts, read 168,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeaholic View Post
It depends on what you like. They are similar yet not totally alike. Is it just Hibachi or sushi too?

Miyabi & Kanpai in Greenville are 2 of the best.

I also like Hibachi Boy in Easley for a fast food type hibachi meal.

Redbowl & Miyabi have really good sushi and Red Bowl has 1/2 price every day from 3-6:30.
I like the Hibachi - no sushi for me. Interesting, only you mentioned two of the big names - Miyabi and Kanpai. Has anyone tried MiMi's on Woodruff Rd.?

Old 06-24-2013, 05:39 PM

843 posts, read 1,432,165 times
We go to the MiMi's in Greer and LOVE it.

ETA: We also like Oriental House. Can get whatever we want.

Last edited by mcatp; 06-24-2013 at 05:47 PM..

Old 06-24-2013, 07:03 PM

231 posts, read 576,785 times
I second this. We prefer Mimi's over Miyabi because they are a little cheaper and do not charge you extra for white meat chicken; it automatically comes with the meal. And the portions seem to be a little large. The Mimi's in Greer is closed temporarily; I'm not sure if it has reopened yet?

Oriental House is awesome. Not as fancy as Mimi's and Miyabi's, but good portion sizes for the money and a very extensive menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcatp View Post
We go to the MiMi's in Greer and LOVE it.

ETA: We also like Oriental House. Can get whatever we want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area