Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 08:43 AM

186 posts, read 358,997 times

Advertisements

My ENTIRE family went to South Carolina except me. I SHOULD therefore be a Gamecock fan, but not since they hired that "old ball coach" who DESTROYED a certain Pro Football team in the nation's capital (Hail RGIII). (OK, they were'nt all that good anyway, but he finished pushing them off the cliff.)

<begin good-natured ribbing> By the way, the little school I went to had REAL football. Every week we played an "arch enemy," not just once a year around Thanksgiving. Beating "our" team was like a bowl win for the others. I guess that happens when "our" team has ELEVEN national championships and the name "Notre Dame" on their jerseys. (Yeah, haters, I know they have stunk quite a bit lately. But at least they don't pine for Danny Ford after every loss...) <end good-natured ribbing>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 09:42 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,650,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
I agree. I am not a fan of either team. I do appreciate what both schools do in the academic world, if that is the question.
The question must be overall because they didn't say. Everyone is assuming football while they disregard all over sports and academics.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:03 AM

55 posts, read 168,216 times
From Clemson, but I'm a USC fan/alumna (I know, crazy right?!). I grew up in the Death Valley but heart belongs to Carolina, in Williams-Brice!

Old 05-15-2012, 10:09 AM

609 posts, read 1,620,329 times
smh. Karlina girl, what a traitor LOL

Old 05-16-2012, 02:51 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,472,792 times
Sorta off topic but... Someone around here has a license plate that says "***** fan". Not being from this area and not being a football person, i seriously thought it was uh...yea. I can't believe that person put that on their plate. Leave the area on a trip and thats bound to get some weird looks.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:26 PM

125 posts, read 206,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HailVictory View Post
My ENTIRE family went to South Carolina except me. I SHOULD therefore be a Gamecock fan, but not since they hired that "old ball coach" who DESTROYED a certain Pro Football team in the nation's capital (Hail RGIII). (OK, they were'nt all that good anyway, but he finished pushing them off the cliff.)

<begin good-natured ribbing> By the way, the little school I went to had REAL football. Every week we played an "arch enemy," not just once a year around Thanksgiving. Beating "our" team was like a bowl win for the others. I guess that happens when "our" team has ELEVEN national championships and the name "Notre Dame" on their jerseys. (Yeah, haters, I know they have stunk quite a bit lately. But at least they don't pine for Danny Ford after every loss...) <end good-natured ribbing>
Ironic that the name you use is closer to a tribute to Michigan than ND....why not Rudy?

I have one at USC right now....I am still a Nole fan.....(still can't forgive Spurrier)

Old 05-16-2012, 03:54 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,843,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucystargazer View Post
Sorta off topic but... Someone around here has a license plate that says "***** fan". Not being from this area and not being a football person, i seriously thought it was uh...yea. I can't believe that person put that on their plate. Leave the area on a trip and thats bound to get some weird looks.
So when I was a teenager our school store sold college licensed hats. At the time it was popular to have a white hat with just the team name on it. Needless to say knowing nothing about college sports I bought the one that said ***** in big letters just to be funny. It was my favorite hat, I wore it til it was brown, guess I was destined for SC even then!

Old 05-18-2012, 09:54 PM

609 posts, read 1,620,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
So when I was a teenager our school store sold college licensed hats. At the time it was popular to have a white hat with just the team name on it. Needless to say knowing nothing about college sports I bought the one that said ***** in big letters just to be funny. It was my favorite hat, I wore it til it was brown, guess I was destined for SC even then!

bahahhaha..... Very funny stories . This and the license plate.

I'm with my friend above....... "I dont celebrate *****'

Old 05-21-2012, 04:51 AM

4,899 posts, read 7,450,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgubers View Post
oh no. This is about to get ugly . . .
lol

Old 05-21-2012, 10:25 AM

2,167 posts, read 3,134,801 times
Gamecock fan here. On a related "hat" story, my wife and I were in New York City about 15 years ago. Walking downtown I spoted a kid with a "*****" hat on. I worked my way over to him through the crowd and shouted "Go *****!" The kid looked at me like I was crazy. I quickly tried to calm his fears and pointed to his hat and asked "Aren't you a Carolina fan?" He took his hat off and looked at it and said, "Nope. I just bought the hat because I thought it was cool." He had no idea it was a college hat and that the "*****" was short for Gamecock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area