Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2011, 11:07 AM

115 posts, read 264,697 times

Advertisements

We were wondering if anyone on here lives in or knows someone that lives in the River Shoals subdivion in Simpsonville, and what they think about it? We currently live in the area near there and do not care for our current subdivision, the people here are not very sociable and you never see them or their children outside. I love the atmosphere from an outsiders point of view, but would like some first hand opinions.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 01:54 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,138,881 times
The two homes I have shown in there were pitiful.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvidu View Post
The two homes I have shown in there were pitiful.
Could you elaborate on that?

Old 12-31-2011, 06:32 AM

477 posts, read 841,303 times
We almost live across the street from it. Looks like a lot of other neighborhoods in Simpsonville. I think houses range from about 150K to approximately 300K. It has gates which are closed at night.

Last edited by Toto7SC; 12-31-2011 at 06:43 AM..

Old 12-31-2011, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones06 View Post
Could you elaborate on that?
Bones, let me apologize. I was speaking of River Ridge, not River Shoals. My Bad. River Shoals is a very nice subdivision with a variety of home home sizes and prices.
At this time there are 21 home for sale in that subdivision and they range in price from $155,900 - $284,900. The higher priced homes are situated near the West Georgia Road entrance and they seem to become less expensive as you move back into the development.
Sorry about the mistake but I hope the info helps.
R

Old 12-31-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto7SC View Post
We almost live across the street from it. Looks like a lot of other neighborhoods in Simpsonville. I think houses range from about 150K to approximately 300K. It has gates which are closed at night.
Thanks Toto, pm replied to

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvidu View Post
Bones, let me apologize. I was speaking of River Ridge, not River Shoals. My Bad. River Shoals is a very nice subdivision with a variety of home home sizes and prices.
At this time there are 21 home for sale in that subdivision and they range in price from $155,900 - $284,900. The higher priced homes are situated near the West Georgia Road entrance and they seem to become less expensive as you move back into the development.
Sorry about the mistake but I hope the info helps.
R
Thanks Ruvidu.....When we went through River Shoals something about it just felt like it was home! We really fell in love with the size of the lots compared to the typical subdivision. I really wanted to build a custom home on an acre or more, but with young kids we need the community feel and closeness of other kids to play with. We found a lot thats almost 1/2 acre in River Shoals and hope that it will fit our needs. One thing we learned real quick around the area was that 98% of the people are transplants/relocations from out of state. I've met more people from my home state than "true southerners" lol!

Old 12-31-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones06 View Post
Thanks Toto, pm replied to

Thanks Ruvidu.....When we went through River Shoals something about it just felt like it was home! We really fell in love with the size of the lots compared to the typical subdivision. I really wanted to build a custom home on an acre or more, but with young kids we need the community feel and closeness of other kids to play with. We found a lot thats almost 1/2 acre in River Shoals and hope that it will fit our needs. One thing we learned real quick around the area was that 98% of the people are transplants/relocations from out of state. I've met more people from my home state than "true southerners" lol!
I know what you mean by transplants. That is where most of my business comes from. I was raised on West Georgia Road and know it well. River Shoals was once part of Spiller's Dairy that is near the entrance. We grew up fishing in the pond there. At one time there was going to be a golf course as part of this development but the county planners shot it down. Hope you find what you need. Let me know if I can help. Welcome Home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area