Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2017, 07:07 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,176,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraviolet View Post
There was a thread with a post from one of the owners on the "Greenville SC Natives Only" Facebook group. Basically they couldn't take working 80+ hours a week and still have family time, so they are down to two locations only.
When you have 1 restaurant you work about 60-80 hours, 2 restaurants, you already know its long hours in one place, its going to be even longer hours with 2 now...why try making it 3? Usually, when you do that its because you think you can find responsible people who will care and run a business like you will. Doesn't usually happen and businesses usually fail if you aren't all hands on deck. Which is hard enough when you have 1 restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2017, 11:02 AM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
When you have 1 restaurant you work about 60-80 hours, 2 restaurants, you already know its long hours in one place, its going to be even longer hours with 2 now...why try making it 3? Usually, when you do that its because you think you can find responsible people who will care and run a business like you will. Doesn't usually happen and businesses usually fail if you aren't all hands on deck. Which is hard enough when you have 1 restaurant.

Well, originally it was just going to be 2 locations that they would have.. The Blue Ridge and Wade Hampton locations. The Pendleton street location was something that kinda fell into their lap, I think. That used to be.. Was it a Clock? Owner retiring situation, it was something of a turn-key takeover for them. That location, BTW, is closed as well.. Word is something of a dispute with the landlord.

Then the new one at Cherrydale came in.. Not sure what the thought process was there. But my understanding is that they do have someone very good running the original Blue Ridge location now. Wade Hampton surprises me. Pendleton.. Knowing there was a dispute, not so much.

It is astoundingly difficult in the restaurant business. Kendall pretty much had to do what he did so far as hours, because if you're not on top of it, or have a person you can trust 100%.. You'll get robbed blind. And, even if you can trust that person 100%, you still have to check behind them.

Old 09-29-2017, 01:01 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,392,447 times
I noticed the Kirkland's on Haywood next to Starbucks is gone.

Old 09-29-2017, 01:24 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
I noticed the Kirkland's on Haywood next to Starbucks is gone.
They moved to Magnolia Park.

Old 10-06-2017, 06:11 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,606,032 times
Bruegger's Bagels has closed on Woodruff - huge disappointment - now, they have no locations in the Upstate (used to have 3) - does anyone know why?
I need a good bagel shop - IMO, Greenfield's is just average (I haven't tried them in years - disappointed with their bagels/service even though I live 2 miles from them) - do I have to drive to Asheville for decent bagels?

Last edited by drfranklin; 10-06-2017 at 07:15 AM..

Old 10-06-2017, 08:16 AM

825 posts, read 1,124,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
Bruegger's Bagels has closed on Woodruff - huge disappointment - now, they have no locations in the Upstate (used to have 3) - does anyone know why?
I need a good bagel shop - IMO, Greenfield's is just average (I haven't tried them in years - disappointed with their bagels/service even though I live 2 miles from them) - do I have to drive to Asheville for decent bagels?
Damn that stinks. I've actually always thought the bagels at Greenfields were a little better than Brueggers, but I'd end up at Brueggers more because of the location was more convenient to me. I rarely have a need to go over to Laurens Rd for anything. I'd rate the service about the same, both places feel chaotic and disorganized to me. I'd be curious to know if there any other bagel places around in. And before anyone says Panera or ATL bread, those aren't bagels, its just round bread with a hole in it.

Old 10-06-2017, 10:35 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,176,603 times
Haven't found good bagels since moving here from Florida. There's a bagel place in Hendersonville called Joey's but have never been. I may have to go and try one next time I go up there, I just pulled up their bagel menu and it looks good. Says on Wed they have a dozen bagels for $7.99.

Old 10-07-2017, 11:15 PM

503 posts, read 692,469 times
Quote:
Einstein bagels is out by Clemson and up by north Greenville university and they aren't terrible. I do wish they would open a location in town somewhere closer though because the 7 dollars for 13 bagels on Mondays is a great deal.

Old 10-08-2017, 07:09 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,606,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
Einstein bagels is out by Clemson and up by north Greenville university and they aren't terrible. I do wish they would open a location in town somewhere closer though because the 7 dollars for 13 bagels on Mondays is a great deal.
yes, thank you, I've seen them in years past - that's an odd location so far north/somewhat remote at NGU; some questions re EB: are the bagels authentic? do they make them onsite?

Old 10-08-2017, 11:14 PM

503 posts, read 692,469 times
Quote:
yes, thank you, I've seen them in years past - that's an odd location so far north/somewhat remote at NGU; some questions re EB: are the bagels authentic? do they make them onsite?
I know the larger locations make them onsite, I'm not sure about the locations that are near the colleges as if memory serves me they are a little smaller.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area