Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2017, 07:50 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,294,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Now that HHGregg has closed, it would be nice to see them put a MicroCenter there. Their nearest store is Duluth, Georgia near Atlanta. But they may decide to put something different rather than another electronics store. And it would also be great to see a Fry's Electronics, but their stores are much larger than the HHGregg space. But it would be a good fit for a MicroCenter.
Are any consumer electronics retailers opening new brick and mortar locations? I think we can expect fewer of these stores in coming years, not more of them. The question is which chains will shutter and which will survive the next 10 years. I think it's pretty obvious that K-Mart and Sears are going to completely close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 08:38 AM

308 posts, read 270,329 times
Any retailer that doesn't have a good online presence that compliments their brick and mortar locations will have a tough time surviving. Best Buy seems to be doing a good job of this. Will be interesting to see how Amazon changes Whole Foods.

People now expect to have the ability to compare prices and read reviews of different products from the comfort of home before ordering it, having it delivered to the store, or going to the store to buy it. Having the ability to return items ordered online to a physical store is a plus. Generous return policies are also a plus. Stores like Sears and Kmart with weak online presence and poor customer service are definitely going to fail.

Old 06-27-2017, 12:55 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,020,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
Are any consumer electronics retailers opening new brick and mortar locations? I think we can expect fewer of these stores in coming years, not more of them. The question is which chains will shutter and which will survive the next 10 years. I think it's pretty obvious that K-Mart and Sears are going to completely close.
Kmart and Sears getting out of the way would benefit other retailers like JCP. JCP has already added appliances and considering other home services. Sounds like they are preparing to pick up the slack.

I agree about the returns AginGreer. I had a major dept store manager tell me recently that internet is still a small percentage of overall sales and 50% of internet sales end up being returned to the store. I am not sure internet sales are exactly doing well either. He said everything is a cycle and people are choosing to spend their money right now on experiences rather than things but it will cycle back around.

Last edited by vistatiger; 06-27-2017 at 01:04 PM..

Old 06-29-2017, 02:47 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Is JCP officially closed in Easley? I drove by and all the Going out of business signs are gone.

Old 06-29-2017, 03:13 PM

428 posts, read 362,838 times
yes JCP is gone in Easley

Old 06-29-2017, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Is JCP officially closed in Easley? I drove by and all the Going out of business signs are gone.
I was in there a week ago or so and the liquidation prices even at 50% off were still more than the normal sale prices at the Haywood store. Still lots of merch left. The signs still up around 11 am today. Did they close this afternoon?

Old 07-02-2017, 07:25 PM

1,845 posts, read 2,764,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Found this from early Feb. where they were delayed a week around Valentines Day. Boiling Springs and Spartanburg reopened. It's almost April. Maybe they reopened and closed again or something went wrong.

Upstate Denny's to remain closed a little longer

The Wade Hampton Denny's has now been taken over by Corporate. There's been lots of activity as they're working on it. Possible re-opening on July 5: Denny's Greenville

Old 07-02-2017, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
The Wade Hampton Denny's has now been taken over by Corporate. There's been lots of activity as they're working on it. Possible re-opening on July 5: Denny's Greenville
Yes, It's looking good. Total remodel on the exterior as well I noticed the other day.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:44 AM

7,260 posts, read 4,631,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
Good! Under franchisee the ones around here turned into the worst in the country...looking forward to getting my Denny's back again!

Old 07-03-2017, 07:15 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Default Denny's, 2521 Wade Hampton Boulevard, Greenville, South Carolina 29615-1147

I am looking forward to dining at Denny's again.

When a location goes through a revolving door of franchisees, it is a smart idea for corporate to take over the location to operate it to standards. I hope the Greenville location will be a model for additional (corporate) locations going forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area