Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2011, 12:00 AM

2 posts, read 6,138 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me where there is an ethnic or dominican style hair salon in the greenville county area with reasonable prices?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 07:38 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,212,804 times
Someone asked this in the past, check the old thread for any possible help

Dominican Barbershop in Greenville area?

Old 12-08-2011, 03:06 PM

128 posts, read 320,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Someone asked this in the past, check the old thread for any possible help

Dominican Barbershop in Greenville area?
A hair salon is not a barbershop. At least, not for us.

Sometimes salons have barbers, but 99% of the "ethnic" salons here are AA, and we usually don't combine services. For us, the salon and barbershop visits are as much a social and bonding experience as a service call. Men and women talk about different things and socialize differently, so we usually don't mix the two. It's the same at gatherings and get-togethers - women are usually in one room doing their thing and men are in another room doing theirs. It's a cultural thing.

Beyond that, I know I don't want men (especially good looking ones) seeing me and my hair looking crazy in the salon before the final product is ready to publically debut, LOL.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clari480 View Post
Can anyone tell me where there is an ethnic or dominican style hair salon in the greenville county area with reasonable prices?
You will be very hard-pressed to find a Dominican salon here. There are very few Dominicans here, period. There are, however, some good AA salons. I do my own hair, so I don't know any salon names right off the bat, but I can ask around and get back to you. What price point are you looking for?

I hate wasting my time, so I'll wait until I hear back from you to ask around. Just let me know if you want me to and I'll get right on it.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:43 AM

156 posts, read 356,949 times
So ironic -- I've driven by this place a dozen times and saw this post but forgot about it then drove by again yesterday and wrote down the name for you.

Corte Tropical Dominican Beauty and Barber shop on Main Street in Simpsonville (between Fairview Road and Curtis Street). In the same parking lot as a gas station. On the same side of the street as the train tracks.

Apparently it is a Beauty AND Barber shop. Go figure.

Hope this helps!

Old 12-13-2011, 08:13 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,568,970 times
There is a place in Mauldin on W Butler Rd between Domino's and Family Video that might fit your needs. I don't know the name of it but it is in the same building as the Supermercado grocery store and I believe the sign (can't see it on Google Maps) is of a hispanic flavor.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyk298 View Post
So ironic -- I've driven by this place a dozen times and saw this post but forgot about it then drove by again yesterday and wrote down the name for you.

Corte Tropical Dominican Beauty and Barber shop on Main Street in Simpsonville (between Fairview Road and Curtis Street). In the same parking lot as a gas station. On the same side of the street as the train tracks.

Apparently it is a Beauty AND Barber shop. Go figure.

Hope this helps!
No need to go figure. It's a Dominican establishment, not an AA one. What I said stands for AA shops. I'm AA, not Dominican so I can't speak for them, and I didn't try. Your snark wasn't necessary.

Old 12-20-2011, 11:53 AM

2 posts, read 6,138 times
Hello and Thanks for responding, I jus recently moved out here from CT and like you said it is hard to find one, I used to pay $25 for a wash and set and I did come across one salon that wanted to charge me $45 for the samething which I thought was outrageous for something simple like that.. So I want to stay in the range of $25-$30 if that helps.
thanks again

Old 12-20-2011, 12:21 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,212,804 times
I passed a Latin place in Greer the other day. Doing another search on this forum I found the same place mentioned, here's the post:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/15442953-post14.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area