Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2011, 10:41 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,651,858 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,
I'm moving to Greenville at the end of July and was wondering if anyone knew of great (meaning safe) apartments for someone right out of college. I can only afford rent around $500-$650 (or under if possible) right now.

Specifically I'm looking for a complex that isn't plagued with crime such as break-ins and rowdy neighbors and has well-recommended management.

Being right out of college, it doesn't have to be a palace. It needs to be well-kept, hopefully has a dishwasher, good storage/closet space, laundry room plus washer/dryer hookups, overall good condition.

The closer it is to downtown Greenville, the better because of work location. I appreciate any help you guys have, including areas/apartments to avoid!!

Thanks in advance,
J
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 04:06 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,474,140 times
We are at candleton village for a temp rental and had no problems. a 1bd was 600 (for a 6 month lease, 12mon is much cheaper i believe) and its a gated community. Check it out and if you like it they have a referral program so if you are interested send me a direct message.

Old 07-09-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucystargazer View Post
We are at candleton village for a temp rental and had no problems. a 1bd was 600 (for a 6 month lease, 12mon is much cheaper i believe) and its a gated community. Check it out and if you like it they have a referral program so if you are interested send me a direct message.
I will definitely talk to my girlfriend about this place and contact you if we decide to choose this complex. Worries that I have come from reviews including noisy neighbors and general poor/cheap construction inside the apartments. Could you comment on these issues? Also, is it fairly easy to have guests come over with it being gated? Parking seems to be an issue here after dark, are there any tips to finding a good space or if you come home late are you SOL?

Thanks!

Old 07-09-2011, 05:55 PM

48 posts, read 152,891 times
Hi J,

You should look into the Vinings at Brookfield. We just moved into this place and love it. They usually have specials and may be able to work around your budget. I've done extensive research and this place is the best by far. Super close to Woodruff Rd. and not that far from downtown. Safety and cleanliness were major concerns for me and this place came highly recommended. Good luck J.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:16 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,474,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
I will definitely talk to my girlfriend about this place and contact you if we decide to choose this complex. Worries that I have come from reviews including noisy neighbors and general poor/cheap construction inside the apartments. Could you comment on these issues? Also, is it fairly easy to have guests come over with it being gated? Parking seems to be an issue here after dark, are there any tips to finding a good space or if you come home late are you SOL?

Thanks!

I haven't noticed people being noisy or a lack of parking. In fact I just commented tonight on how much parking there was compared to our old place that people had to park in the middle of the street at haha. The gate has a call system that you just put in the persons apt number into and it calls them and they can open it. no big deal if you know they are coming plus its open 7-8 and 4-6 every day so they could always just come in then. The construction is what I'd say is average for any apartment and the appliances are the cheapest they can get, but again, its no different from any other apartment I've been in. I think for the price it isn't bad. Now can you find something cheaper and equally nice? I don't know, we moved here from asheville nc where a 1bd averaged 800 a month. So to find something 600 for a short term lease was like holy cow awesome. What ever you decide good luck! moving to a new city is hecka a lotta stress!

Old 07-09-2011, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostcase View Post
Hi J,

You should look into the Vinings at Brookfield. We just moved into this place and love it. They usually have specials and may be able to work around your budget. I've done extensive research and this place is the best by far. Super close to Woodruff Rd. and not that far from downtown. Safety and cleanliness were major concerns for me and this place came highly recommended. Good luck J.
They look beautiful, my only concern is the price. It's a tad bit out of my price but you think they may work with me on my budget? Reviews that I've read state to get the shorter 6 month lease because there isn't a real difference between the 6 month and 12 month lease. Would you agree? Also, dishwashers aren't included in the feature but I notice that the model apartment in photos does have one. Do you know if all the apartment have dishwashers.

I really appreciate your help and the place looks amazing, especially the pool and clubhouse. Thank you!

Old 07-09-2011, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucystargazer View Post
I haven't noticed people being noisy or a lack of parking. In fact I just commented tonight on how much parking there was compared to our old place that people had to park in the middle of the street at haha. The gate has a call system that you just put in the persons apt number into and it calls them and they can open it. no big deal if you know they are coming plus its open 7-8 and 4-6 every day so they could always just come in then. The construction is what I'd say is average for any apartment and the appliances are the cheapest they can get, but again, its no different from any other apartment I've been in. I think for the price it isn't bad. Now can you find something cheaper and equally nice? I don't know, we moved here from asheville nc where a 1bd averaged 800 a month. So to find something 600 for a short term lease was like holy cow awesome. What ever you decide good luck! moving to a new city is hecka a lotta stress!
I agree about how moving into a new city is a lot of stress... especially when adjusting with a new job and neighborhood. It sounds like a solid choice. Does your apartment have a dishwasher? (Not needed but it doesn't hurt lol. I also realize having dishwashers means one more thing that may break)

Thank you.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:01 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,210,340 times
We lived at Preserves at wood lake for year and half back in 2008. We loved it. Location is great for going to downtown Greenville. It is off Haywood near Haywood mall off of I-395. Not sure what the price is but they do have many floor plans. We paid 900 month but that was for a large 2/2. Remember if you want a washer/dryer you have to get your own in most rentals. We knew we were only living in area for year or so. We rented washer and dryer for 50 month both. The complex handled it and we just paid extra on rent for it. Very well-kept clean and safe. The staff there at that time was wonderful! The apt. we had had 2 large walk-in closets. We even kept our bikes in closet.

They do have a laundy room on premises if you prefer.

Old 07-16-2011, 02:23 PM

48 posts, read 152,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
They look beautiful, my only concern is the price. It's a tad bit out of my price but you think they may work with me on my budget? Reviews that I've read state to get the shorter 6 month lease because there isn't a real difference between the 6 month and 12 month lease. Would you agree? Also, dishwashers aren't included in the feature but I notice that the model apartment in photos does have one. Do you know if all the apartment have dishwashers.

I really appreciate your help and the place looks amazing, especially the pool and clubhouse. Thank you!
Hey there. I negotiated with management. I ended up getting a washer and dryer set, normally $50 a month, for free. My unit has a dishwasher, so I am assuming every apartment has it included.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area