Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2007, 11:18 AM

26 posts, read 201,136 times

Advertisements

AHHH!!!!

I know that a large number of the people posting on this board are either looking to move to Greenville or have recently moved to Greenville...so for those of you who have successfully relocated to Greenville I am looking for some guidance...We have planned our move to take place sometime between now and the middle of August, depending on when we sell our house...Neither my husband or I have the opportunity to relocate with our companies...We need jobs!!!

Has anyone moved to Greenville without a job and been able to find one in a relatively short period of time?

Has anyone actually used an online job search agency such as monster or career builder to successfully find a job in Greenville?

Has anyone found it hard to actually get employers to look at their resume? I have noticed that a lot of people don't pay attention to the resume one they realize you still live out of state...at least that seems to be my assumption.

Can anyone provide me with a list of employment agencies in the area? I don't want to go this route but am beginning to feel like it might be my only option.

Anyone with any insight please help us out!!!

Thanks a million!!!

My background is in customer services in the home improvement retail sector. I am working on a BS in Management and Human Resources. I have supervisory experience.

My husband has a background in Insurance and is licensed for health, life, and annuity in 47 states

Is there anyone familiar with the dog park in Greenville? Is it a busy place? Anyone have any pictures of it?

Are there any good local places to get take-out pizza?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 01:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,983 times
We moved here fron No. Virginia without jobs. Both of us found employment in downtown Greenville. I work for an IT recruiting firm. The dog park is very nice, we have been there several time, its good size and you basically just let your dogs go and have fun. Lots of pizza places, just search around. Good luck!

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 07-19-2007 at 06:42 AM.. Reason: advertisment

Old 07-19-2007, 09:58 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,839,501 times
Thumbs up Jobs and pizza

I used careerbuilder, got many calls from headhunters, etc. I think I got more once I actually lived here for a week though, picked up a job in less than a week after i'd moved in pay is good, job market is good Just went to a great newer downtown pizza place, called the mellow mushroom, awesome pizza and a fun atmosphere, with a full bar and tons of different types of beers(they also have takeout

Old 07-19-2007, 11:35 AM

548 posts, read 1,979,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
I used careerbuilder, got many calls from headhunters, etc. I think I got more once I actually lived here for a week though, picked up a job in less than a week after i'd moved in pay is good, job market is good Just went to a great newer downtown pizza place, called the mellow mushroom, awesome pizza and a fun atmosphere, with a full bar and tons of different types of beers(they also have takeout
Yes, Mello Mushroom is great though I've only been (twice) to the one in Charleston. The one in Charleston is smokey though it seems to be confined to upstairs where the bar is, how is the one in Greenville? Is it smoke free?

Old 07-19-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janrey View Post
Yes, Mello Mushroom is great though I've only been (twice) to the one in Charleston. The one in Charleston is smokey though it seems to be confined to upstairs where the bar is, how is the one in Greenville? Is it smoke free?
didn't see anyone smoking, although the place is gigantic, so even if you could I might not have seen it. apparently its much bigger than any of the other ones they have opened so far, it even has a back patio that ALMOST(not really) overlooks the reedy falls(but mostly just a parking lot) that staff was awesome and the pizza was killer!

Old 07-19-2007, 01:00 PM

51 posts, read 170,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
didn't see anyone smoking, although the place is gigantic, so even if you could I might not have seen it. apparently its much bigger than any of the other ones they have opened so far, it even has a back patio that ALMOST(not really) overlooks the reedy falls(but mostly just a parking lot) that staff was awesome and the pizza was killer!
SC still allows indoor smoking?? I'm from MA where you are a criminal if you smoke!

Old 07-20-2007, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkwat View Post
SC still allows indoor smoking?? I'm from MA where you are a criminal if you smoke!
I know all about that, I recently relocated from NY

Old 08-13-2007, 11:40 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,517,506 times
Greenville still allows indoor smoking but that is only because a wise judge struck the law that banned it. Most business stayed smoke-free, but you can smoke in the "Mushroom" if you are at the bar. The pizza is out of this world.

Old 08-15-2007, 04:51 PM

548 posts, read 1,979,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
Greenville still allows indoor smoking but that is only because a wise judge struck the law that banned it. Most business stayed smoke-free, but you can smoke in the "Mushroom" if you are at the bar. The pizza is out of this world.
Well Charleston went smoke free end of July and what a nice feeling. I heard most of the restaurants downtown Greenville remained non smoking, is this true?

Old 08-15-2007, 09:04 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,517,506 times
I don't eat in downtown Greenville but I believe most restaurants kept the no smoking sign on the door. Go to GreenvilleOnline.com or Greenville News, South Carolina Breaking News, Weather and Sports - WYFF Greenville's Channel 4 where you should be able to find more information. I believe there is a llink in the Opinion section of the 1st link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area