Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2010, 07:54 AM

26 posts, read 50,044 times

Advertisements

What kind of reputation do each of the districts have? What are the issues that any of the districts have (for example, coming from wake county, re-assigning children is a HUGE issue!) What advantages might they have over one another...etc

I have heard conflicting statements about who has the better schools etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 09:27 AM

59 posts, read 162,391 times
Default schools

nikkibella,

Being in real estate,I'm not able to comment on your question. However, these two site are great for answering many of your school related questions.

National Center For Education Stats
NCES is the primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing data that are related to education in the United States and other nations.
GreatSchools.net
GreatSchools.net is your objective source of school information on elementary, middle and high schools.
Hope this helps.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:47 PM

53 posts, read 272,509 times
As a parent and educator, I highly encourage you to look into Davidson County Schools. I know they are much higher quality than Guilford County. I have not had experience working in Winston though, so I do not know about their schools. I think you'll find good elementary schools everywhere; however, there is a huge difference in the standards followed at the middle school and high school level. Guilford County's curriculum is watered down in comparison to Davidson County, and there is not as much homework and extension activities done in Guilford. It's not because the teachers don't care, it is because there is a greater emphasis on testing and continual benchmarks, the population of students get less academic support in the home, and many of the students have language barriers. All of these factors combined prevent teachers from having the ability to have as much rigor in the classrooms. I have been very pleased overall with Davidson County. I feel my children are being prepared for college.

Old 02-21-2010, 02:52 PM

2 posts, read 10,502 times
Davidson County Schools All the way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point